- jpatrickAsked on February 11, 2015 at 08:23 AM
I have a multi-page form that collects PayPal payment info about half way through. I'm using the Custom Amt option instead of products and grabbing the amount from a calculated total field. About a week ago, I began hearing from customers that they couldn't pay. The form simply directed them to the Thank You page. Testing it myself, I found that the form was no longer re-directing users to PayPal.
Trying different things, I noticed that if I moved the PayPal total to the end of the form, it no longer contained the value from the total field. Similarly, if I moved the total field to the end of the form, it could no longer "see" the fields it was supposed to get it's value from, and too showed $0. I'm fairly certain that I tested all these things, and that the form was re-directing as it should on 2/1/15. Did some update occur recently that would have broken this?
To temporarily work around the problem, I have now removed all page breaks that came after the payment page, and the form once again re-directs to PayPal as it should. However, I would much prefer to have my multi-page form back, instead of one long scrolling form.
- SeanAnswered on February 11, 2015 at 10:46 AM
If I understood you correctly, you are using the Custom Amount option for your PayPal Integration. Since of late your customers are not being redirected to the PayPal payment page but the default thank you page. You made some modifications to your form which includes:
1. Move the Paypal Total to the end of the form - It no longer stores the information from the total field
2. Move the total field to the end of the form - It will no long sums its targeted fields.
3. Removing you Page Break fields - Paypal Integration worked fine
I will be looking into this for you and I will provide an update by the end of the day. If I did not get something correct, I apologize but please point it out as soon as you can. I will be in touch with you soon.
- SeanAnswered on February 13, 2015 at 10:20 PM
Sorry about the delay with my response. After conducting numerous test with my cloned version of your form it appears that the issue can be a result of how it was embedded on your website. With my test form in sandbox mode, your form transferred the correct figures to the PayPal page just fine - no issues. Did you try embedding your form using the iFrame method? Is this issue still persist? I will await your response.
- jpatrickAnswered on February 14, 2015 at 09:23 AM
thank you for your efforts. Actually, we were not using any embedding, as we couldn't get the conditional show and hide functions to work on our web page I assume it was something with the content management system we use. so, we simply included a hyperlink on a web page direct to the JotForm URL. As I mentioned, I believe the form was working properly initially. Perhaps something just happened to corrupt the form in the process. today is the last day we will use the form this year, so I will look to rebuild for next year and hope not to have the problem.
- SeanAnswered on February 14, 2015 at 10:52 AM
It is possible that the scripts for your website was causing your show/hide conditions to not function as it should. This is the reason why we would recommend the iFrame method when embedded forms malfunction on websites. When I tested my standalone cloned version it worked just fine. Do let us know if you need our assistance in the future.