- dmwesqAsked on February 13, 2015 at 03:03 PMbut if this is better off on a separate thread let me know. I have a form that the user submits to notify our highway department of street lights out. The Highway Dept gets an email notification and also has access to the integrated spreadsheet. The form has two additional fields at the bottom for the Highway Dept to complete, and then they need to forward the form to another email address. I can see how to set conditions so the form flows as needed, but what I can't figure out is how they get access to the form to fill in the fields at the bottom, since they just get an email notification when the form is submitted to them.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 13, 2015 at 03:08 PM
... but what I can't figure out is how they get access to the form to fill in the fields at the bottom, since they just get an email notification when the form is submitted to them.
Please review the user guide
In the email notification that they will received, make sure that you have added the Edit_Link in the message.
When correctly done, this edit link will appear in the sent message which the Recipient (Highway dept) will be able to use to update/edit the existing form submissions.
Hope this help. Let us know if you need further assistance.
- dmwesqAnswered on February 13, 2015 at 03:19 PM
I tried that but did not get it working. The other fields are obviously pulling from the form fields. Where is the "edit_link" pulling from that will enable a user to return to the form?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 13, 2015 at 04:18 PM
Can you please share to us the URL of the form you were working this on?
I am curious why there was no form on your account/username dmwesq
so, I wonder which form you were working on then.
- Dan WeisbergAnswered on February 14, 2015 at 04:39 PM
I am working on a form at http://www.jotform.com//?formID=50255357302953. I am a user on this account.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 14, 2015 at 06:02 PM
Thank you for providing us more details.
I checked the form involved http://www.jotformpro.com/form/50255357302953
and from what I see, the Notifier was based on a conditional email.
Can you please confirm first that the email Notifier 3 was successfully received by the intended Recipients?
I checked Notifier 3, and I can see the existence of the Edit_Link in the email message. So, if the recipients did received email Notifier 3, they should be able to see the Edit_Link and Edit the submission of the form.
Let us know if this is not the way everything was processed on your side.
We will wait for your further details and confirmation.
- dmwesqAnswered on February 14, 2015 at 08:05 PM
Not working. You show the screenshot of my settings, but when I fill out the form here is what I get in the notifier email
How would the recipient then get back to the form from this email - I don't see any actual link to get back to the form.
- SeanAnswered on February 15, 2015 at 12:43 AM
As shown in the screenshot by my fellow colleague, you have 3 different notifications - each having a different email address. Base on my checks, it appears that you are viewing the notification sent from either Notification or Notifier 2 to the email addresses email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Can you place the Edit_Link in any of the notifications identified earlier to test if you are able to edit the form after submission? Do give this a try and let us know the outcome.
- dmwesqAnswered on February 15, 2015 at 06:21 PM
Got it working now, thanks.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 15, 2015 at 07:24 PM
Thank you for letting us know that it is now working.
Contact us again anytime should you need further assistance.
- dmwesqAnswered on February 16, 2015 at 10:10 AM
Still have one question. I now have only 2 notifications. The first notification goes to both email addresses. The highway address has the edit submission link, and can then fill in additional information and resubmit the form. However, I want the resubmission to only go to the d.weisberg address, but as of now it resubmits to both addresses. How do I stop it from submitting back to highway, which is actually who is resending the submission.
- SeanAnswered on February 16, 2015 at 10:48 AM
The notifications that you have configured for that form is actually intended for administrator purposes of your form. Let me put it this way, any change that has been made to a submission you will be notified of this via email. The best way to go around this would be to configure an Auto Responder notification for that email address.
You can store the email address (email@example.com) in a hidden field and have a auto responder linked to it. Only after the initial submission a notification will be sent to that email address, any adjustments made afterwards - notification will only be sent to your other email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow this guide to setup a Auto Responder as seen below:
I hope this helps. Feel free to contact us if further support is needed.