- novastorAsked on October 19, 2011 at 02:41 PM
We use forms like most businesses, to collect leads off of our website. Being a global company, we like to know where our prospects are located. We like to keep things simple by gathering as much data ourselves that isn't neccessary for them to have to fill out. One of these things would be there location.
Currently I have created a form with 3 hidden fields: Country, Region, and City. I have the form code embeded using the source option, in which I use a script to use the IP of the visitor and obtain the Country, Region, and City to populate the three hidden fields. Then with each submission we recieve their location information without them having to take the time to provide it.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on October 19, 2011 at 04:29 PM
Thank you very much for sharing this idea with us.
I have added your feature request to our nice to do list. However, we can not provide any ETA on this.
We will update this thread when the feature will be available.
- pillarmarketingAnswered on February 14, 2012 at 12:00 PM
I'd also love to see this feature! helps us track roi on ads.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on February 14, 2012 at 04:39 PM
Your vote is valued. Thank you for your support!
- markashtonAnswered on January 29, 2013 at 03:56 PM
Me too ... was a year ago ... any movement on this please?
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on January 29, 2013 at 04:11 PM
Unfortunately we have not had any updates.
Your comment has been added and brought to the attention of the person in charge of this request.
Thank you for your feedback and patience.