- wemakeprintsAsked on February 16, 2015 at 06:42 PM
Suppose someone selects a file to upload using the single file upload, but then wishes to remove the file. Is this not possible? Thanks guys, as always.
- CharlieAnswered on February 16, 2015 at 10:06 PM
There's no direct option to do that, but we have a workaround that you can use.
Here's a sample form: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/50468433477967. In the sample form, you can upload only 1 file and at the same time have the option to remove it. Here's what I did:
1. First, click the "File Upload" field, enable the option "Allow Multiple". Click the "Properties".
2. Inside the Properties, set the "Maximum number of files" to "1". This will only allow your users to have 1 file uploaded at the same time remove it if they do not like.
I hope that helps. Do let us know if you need more assistance on this.
- wemakeprintsAnswered on February 17, 2015 at 07:48 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I would really prefer to use the multi-upload interface, given its upload progress feature, but I encountered a really odd problem with it not too long ago. Let me explain.. I went to load my order form and once it loaded, instead of the "select a file" buttons, they had all changed to an unusual "drag and drop your files" box. I figured it was a bug... Any idea why this would be?
I haven't been able to replicate the issue since, but I also haven't tried very hard. Busy with other stuff. I will play with it soon and create a new thread if need be.
- CharlieAnswered on February 17, 2015 at 08:57 PM
The developers might have replaced it with this widget Drag and Drop Upload, when they were fixing the File Upload field, or it might be a temporary problem. Another possibility is that you might have use that widget that time. Anyway, the File Upload field seems to work fine now. If you encounter that problem again, please do let us know so that we can investigate it further.