- AtbamAsked on February 17, 2015 at 08:16 AM
so if i have a1,a2,a3,a4,a5, as items in a spreadsheet and i then add a6,a7,a8,a9 . it will update my jotform dropdown list from a1,a2,a3,a4,a5 too a1,a2,a3,a4,a5,a6,a7,a8,a9, automatically
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on February 17, 2015 at 09:38 AM
Unfortunately it is currently not possible to populate your dropdown field from any external sources. The only option is to manually input the values in the dropdwn question of your form.
Let me create a feature request and send it to our back end team. Please be noted that creating a feature request does not ensure that feature will be implemented but it completely depends upon the feasibility and priority of our back end team. We will get back to you as soon as we have any update form them.
- AtbamAnswered on February 23, 2015 at 02:54 PM
- suuwebservicesAnswered on February 22, 2016 at 11:44 AM
I'd love to see this feature a reality as well!
- lafhab2Answered on May 19, 2016 at 02:38 PMWithout doubt, being able to create and use common lists (either on Jotform or external) for a dropdown would make Jotform so much easier to use. In short it's a feature of being able to use common drop-down options across forms which use an external list - live - as the options.
From an end user perspective it's hard to see either a) a reason not to, and b) a technical issue in implementing, and there is clearly demand for this.
To clarify, we would be able to create a number of 'lists' then create forms which refer to the list, and we could edit the lists at any time which would be instantly reflected in the relevant forms. IE: form options = LIST X.
We are in education and training, with students using multiple forms. Because repeatedly updating commonly-used lists across many many forms is not feasible, we have to use text boxes and let them type their name, manually. This leads to spelling errors and Capitalisation issues. For us, we would create a dropdown across our relevant forms called 'Student' which would then always refer to a 'live' list (which can be updated at any time) would be a very welcome feature, Jotform.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on May 19, 2016 at 02:56 PM
I have moved your post into a separate thread to be able to forward an additional feature request ticket to our developers.
- ExplorationSocietyAnswered on September 20, 2016 at 08:12 AM
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on September 20, 2016 at 10:34 AM
I created a separate for you so we can attend to your concern properly. Please see the thread here. https://www.jotform.com/answers/936932.
- miguelbenAnswered on December 08, 2016 at 01:32 PM
I would also love this feature. Please add it! I'd use it all the time.
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on December 08, 2016 at 02:13 PM
We will update you once the feature request is complete. Thank you.
- lafhab2Answered on May 13, 2017 at 07:23 AMJotform, this has been asked for on many occasions by many users. We are a training provider and have certain fields that would be common across multiple forms. For a non-techie this seems really easy to implement, the ability to create common lists that can be used across forms. Please implement this!
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on May 13, 2017 at 08:40 AM
I have moved your question to a new thread so that we can address it separately. You will be answered in the following thread: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1143806
- Imre Szabo-DobozyAnswered on May 31, 2017 at 07:58 PM
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on May 31, 2017 at 09:51 PM
@ Imre Szabo-Dobozy,
This seems to be an old thread. I have moved your question to a separate thread. You can find it here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1159963. We'll answer your question there accordingly.