JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Is it possible to create an approval workflow outlined in the scenario below?Asked by mplank on February 17, 2015 at 02:48 PM
We are trying to create a workflow approval process that involves internal and external users. The scenario below outlines the workflow we need to create. Is it possible to create this workflow using Jotform?
· o Enter basic product information
· o Enter Person A Contact information
· o Enter Person B Contact information (external user)
· o Enter Person C Contact information (internal form approver)
· o Submit form to Person B to complete additional product details
· o Enter additional product details into the form
· o Upload documents as needed
· o Submit form to Person C for approval
· o Review all form data entered by Person A and Person B
· o Approve/reject form submission
o Send automatic email notification of form approval to Person A
Thank you for contacting us.
We have a basic guide about submission approval, but it is very different from the workflow you have described.
It is possible to create something custom based on hidden fields, conditional email notifications, submission edits and form prepopulation, but unfortunately, we do not have any prepared solution. You might be interested in checking the following thread, to see one of the workarounds on a similar topic.
If you need any further assistance, please let us know.