- ddunlavyAsked on February 17, 2015 at 02:56 PM
We are wondering if you have SAAS 70 and FERPA Compliance certifications?
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on February 17, 2015 at 04:21 PM
We do not have such certifications. However, Jotform has a very powerful cloud of servers whose storage is encrypted and provides security protection against malicious attacks like SQL injection and denial of service (DDOS) attacks.
So we provide a high security standard through out our hosting provider's servers for data storage
All of our SSL certificates support high-grade 256-bit encryption.
-Data transmission from the person who submits the information to our servers can be done in an encrypted manner, by using the forms securely
But to achieve this, you must follow these advises:
1. Always use SSL (https) version of JotForm site on your browser. Use "https://www.jotform.com" to login to your account, create your forms, look at your submissions and link to your forms.
2. Edit emails on all forms to make sure no specific information is used on them. We send emails in plain text. So, these are not secure. Only use emails to get alerts to know there is a new submission.
Once you receive an email alert, log into the secure JotForm site and then look at the user
3. If you use the Reports feature, only do it with password protection. That will both ask for a password, and it will transfer all data over SSL.
4. Same for uploads. They are not password protected.
5. Logout immediate after you are done with the site.
6. Regularly download submissions and then delete them.
Does this help?