- chriskatesAsked on February 19, 2015 at 06:45 PM
I made a form to embed a dropbox upload option to my website. It says I have used up the maximum amount of space. But I don't understand why I need space from you guys if the files are just getting upload to my dropbox. Are the uploads somehow taking up space on your servers?
- BenAnswered on February 19, 2015 at 07:05 PM
Yes, that is correct, if you set your form to upload files to DropBox it will first have to upload the files to our servers, then copy them to any integrations that you might have - in your case DropBox.
To resolve this there are two things that you can do:
1. manually remove files from our servers by going into Submissions Panel and removing any submissions that have files attached.
* Do note that once removed, we can not restore them for you, so if you would need the data or the files (or both), then you would need to make a backup of the same to your own PC / or alternative location before removing them.
2. Using Auto Delete Submissions app.
This app simply runs last after a submission is made and removes all traces of it from your account.
* Do note that this will mean that you can not make a copy of them later on since they would be removed instantly (right after everything is passed along to all integrations).