- guineapigmeAsked on February 24, 2015 at 07:52 PM
I would like a widget or something to pre-populate with the current time when a user saves. I would like to see this on the form itself.
I don't think this is equivalent to the submission date, which seems to be the first instance of the form submitted. All my newly edited/saved forms show a 2-2-15 date, which doesn't reflect the changes since then.
I am allowing my form to be edited many times, and saved/submitted many times.
I would like to see the date/time of the last "submit" or the last version. I would like this to be on the form.
Please advise as to how I can create a timestamp (other than having the user "touch" the date/time field - which only seems to update the date (and not the time, anyway).
- CharlieAnswered on February 24, 2015 at 10:45 PM
Could you try using this widget instead: http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/datetime_single. I assume that you are using the edit_link submission in your autoresponders so that your users could update them, right?
The DateTime Single widget should fetch the current date and time of the user, when editing it functions as it is, so updating the form using the edit link would show you the date when the last change was made.
Do let us know if this works.
- guineapigmeAnswered on March 12, 2015 at 09:34 AM
This works in that it saves the time upon the submit, but I can't use it as "the last date" on the edit link because it is always reflects the current date.
What is a way to import the date of the last submit into a form and/or save a snapshot of a date into a field at the time of a submit.
- guineapigmeAnswered on March 12, 2015 at 09:36 AM
I should say that I do get the correct save date which I can see on the submission view, but I don't know how or cannot retrieve this in anyway to display on the edit link view of my form.
- CharlieAnswered on March 12, 2015 at 11:25 AM
Unfortunately, it seems like that is not possible using the current options that we have. These are the following requirements that you would like:
1. We have the initial submissions date found in the submission itself.
2. Capture the current date when the form is being updated, we will use a widget but unfortunately passing the value of this widget through conditions seems to be not possible.
3. With #2 in mind, we can't capture the last date of when the form was updated because the widget can't be use in the conditions.
I'll try to look for a workaround on this, I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.