- mmutzAsked on February 24, 2015 at 08:39 PM
I'm an assistant principal at a hight school. I'm creating a series of forms that we are going to be using for registration purposes. I want my guidance counselors to guide the students through the process of registering, in order to do this in a timely manner they will be meeting with several students at a time in a computer lab and I want the counselor to review the classes the students are signing up for prior them submitting the form. I'm wanting to add a or multiple passwords to the submit button so that the student don't submit multiple entries and so that they won't submit the form prior to the counselors reviewing the form with the student(s). Is this possible?
- CharlieAnswered on February 25, 2015 at 02:45 AM
If you would like to add a simple password protection for your form, you can do that by following this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/307-Simple-password-protection-of-your-jotform.
You can also limit multiple entries of one user by enabling the Form Limits under Unique Question. Here's a guide on that: http://www.jotform.com/help/223-How-to-set-Form-Limits-Based-on-a-Unique-Question.
I hope this helps.
- CharlieAnswered on February 27, 2015 at 02:06 PM
Please refrain from using the first link I shared, it is actually removed. We do not advise our users to use field names such as "password", it would be better if you could use "test code", "authorization code" or the likes, but not "password", our anti-Phishing system will detect it and disable your forms.
You can follow this guide on how to create a similar function.
1. Add a Text box that will act as the password field. Add a "Text" field that will act as the warning message. Hide the text box field, in this case it's the "admin_access" field. Go to your conditions and we'll add special rules and actions to your form.
2. Choose the first option, which is to show and hide fields.
3. Here's I'll an a rule that when the admin_access field is empty I will hide the rest of the form fields and will display the "Text" message field.
4. Here's my sample form http://form.jotformpro.com/form/50324083606953. Now how to open the form especially the admin_access field is hidden? You can do that by passing the value directly to the form link, here's how: