- guineapigmeAsked on February 25, 2015 at 01:39 PM
Would like to use the pdf embedder, but can't see the file via google drive.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on February 25, 2015 at 04:34 PM
Maybe I am missing something, but I ran into the same problem, the PDF Embedder widget is not displaying the shareable link of Google Drive:
I will report this to our second level to check further. In the mean time, you could try this workaround:
1) Go to Google Docs:
2) Upload your PDF file:
3) You will see the URL of the file, a the end, you will notice the word "edit", delete that word and type "preview", then copy the whole URL:
4) Go to you form, and paste that URL in the PDF Embedder widget:
Please see my form here to see how the PDF file looks: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/50556596572971?
Hope this helps you, if you have another question, please open a new thread, we will be glad to assist you.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on February 25, 2015 at 05:11 PM
Please disregard my previous workaround, after further testing, there is a simpler way to accomplish it, this is the link you have provided us: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6ezj9waJDcVaE5IUU8xUVFjVDg/view
Now, simply remove the "view" word at the end of it, and type "preview", this way:
So, only paste that modified link to the PDF embedder widget, and that would be it.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on July 06, 2015 at 09:04 AM
This has been fixed - you can now display google Docs through the PDF Embedder widget.
Give it a try and share your experience