- Shani59Asked on March 02, 2015 at 02:03 PM
i can't clone a form. why?
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Clone an Existing Form from Your Account
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 02, 2015 at 02:34 PM
Can you please tell us which jotform you were trying to clone?
I checked your account/username Shani59 but I did not find any form on the account at this time.
Please provide us more details and will check.
- Shani59Answered on March 03, 2015 at 09:27 AM
the username is sagischwartz
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on March 03, 2015 at 10:46 AM
Please get the URL of the form you want to clone and not the username. After that, please follow this guide: How to Clone an Existing Form from a URL
- Shani59Answered on March 03, 2015 at 10:51 AM
its still not working
I added a screenshot of the problem
- BenAnswered on March 03, 2015 at 12:12 PM
OK, I see the issue:
1. you are using the import option to import form from a different account
- It is much easier if you use the option shown in the guide you have made this comment on as it will show you the jotform and you just select it.
2. the URL is wrong.
Please note that for this jotform: 50584514583459
The correct URL would be: http://www.jotform.me/form/50584514583459
and that any link that starts with http://www.jotform.com//?formID= is actually a link pointing to the form builder itself - to work on the form.
It is the same as our jotform.com page with the only difference of holding a form ID as a parameter so that you can work on 2 or more jotforms in the same time.
If you are not sure what is the link, but have the FormID, you can use that to clone the jotform as well. This is the easiest way to do it as well.
To do that, just replace this: http://www.jotform.com//?formID=50584514583459 in your screenshot with this: 50584514583459 and the clone will be made.
Do let us know how it goes.