- puretaxationAsked on March 03, 2015 at 10:38 AM
I want to write a questsion where multiple answers calculate to equal 100%
How do I do this?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 03, 2015 at 12:18 PM
I am not sure if I have understood your question correctly.
Do you want to add question which will have multiple possible answers? Each answer will have some weightage and you need to get the sum of all the selected answers. Is that correct?
Yes it is possible to achieve your requirement. You can take advantage of our "Calculation value" option where you can set the value of each options of radio button / check box or drop down fields. Here are the steps you should follow:
1. Add check box (or radio / drop down) question in form.
2. Set the calculation value for all the options you have added. Please check the screenshot below:
3. Add "Form Calculation" widget in form and set the formula to calculate the weightage. Please check the screenshot below:
Please take a look at the following demo form and see if this is close to your requirement: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/50611517654957? Feel free to clone this form for a closer look. The following guide should help you in form cloning: http://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you meant to ask something else.
- mayur5478Answered on March 03, 2015 at 12:20 PM
You can validate the Multiple Textboxes question type to only allow numerical data, and require all fields to add up to a fixed sum. This field will only accept positive, whole numbers.
To validate a Multiple Textboxes question to require a fixed numerical sum.Click a Multiple Textboxes question to edit it. Or, add a new Multiple Textboxes question type from the BUILDER section of the left sidebar. Under the Textboxes fields, select Only Allow Numerical Data. Select Require a Fixed Sum. In the Sum of all Answers = field, enter the number that all answers must add up to. Customize the error message to be clear about the requirements of the question. Click Save.