- crockpotAsked on October 26, 2011 at 04:46 PM
I've sent an email, but no response as yet. This is really urgent. I set up my jotform pro account with a Paypal account that is now defunct. I need to register a new payment method for my subscription, but there is no way of doing it! I have called Plimus who have told me that there is absolutely nothing they can do at their end. They cannot use an alternative Paypal account, and they cannot even let me switch to a credit card.
Please will someone let me know urgently how to setup a new payment method for my jotform subscription. Payment is due today, and it's already 9.45pm here in the UK, and I do not want my jotforms to stop working, as this will cost me heavily.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 26, 2011 at 05:02 PM
Premium subscriptions are processed by our chosen payment gateway, Plimus. Thus, anything that concerns your billing can be managed by logging in to their website.
1. Find your Plimus username in the email that was sent to you when you first paid for your subscription
2. Reset your Plimus password by entering your email and Plimus username in this page https://secure.plimus.com/jsp/forgot_password.jsp?designId=1
3. Log in to Plimus via this page - https://secure.plimus.com/jsp/account_login.jsp
4. Go to My Account then click "Change" on the payment method column (far right side) of your active Jotform subscription
5. Save the changes to update your account
Should you have further questions regarding this matter, do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you very much for your continued patronage!
- crockpotAnswered on October 26, 2011 at 05:10 PM
Thanks for quick response, however, I cannot find the Plimus email with username etc. This is why I telephoned Plimus. They told me that even if I logged in, I would not be able to change payment method - I checked this twice with them and they were absolutely adamant that the only thing I could do was to have my Jotform subscription downgraded and then place a new order.
Where do I go from here?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 26, 2011 at 05:15 PM
If that's the case, another option I can offer you is to have your subscription cancelled so you can upgrade again, this time using a credit card.
Let me know if this sounds okay to you so I can proceed with the cancellation. You do not need to worry about the forms getting suspended as I will keep your account active for the meantime.
- crockpotAnswered on October 26, 2011 at 05:48 PM
Neil - many thanks. That sounds perfect. Please email details of what I need to do and I will enter credit card details. Thanks again for your help
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 26, 2011 at 06:15 PM
I have now cancelled your subscription. Please upgrade immediately to avoid interruption of service. Click here to subscribe again to Professional service.
- crockpotAnswered on October 26, 2011 at 08:42 PM
Dear Neil, Many thanks for your assistance. I have now re-upgraded and have completed the transaction with a credit card.
I was previously unaware of the limitations of using Paypal, however, these were explained to me by Plimus, and other users might like to know how restrictive it is. Paypal may offer security (although so do many others, actually), but frankly, little else, and today's experience has made me realise why there are so many anti-Paypal websites out there. I would never use Paypal again for subscription payments, as, once set up, it is literally impossible to make any alterations without the merchant jumping through the hoops you did tonight.
Anyway, thanks again, and I'm relieved the problem has been resolved.
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on October 26, 2011 at 08:45 PM
Glad to know everything was sorted out, feel free to contact us if you need any assistance.
Thanks for using JotForm.