- bdoodleAsked on March 08, 2015 at 11:22 AM
When Clear Form is hit, I'd assume that the screen either wouldn't move or it would be repositioned to the top of the form. Either would be fine with me. When my Clear Form button is hit, the screen is positioned about 1 scroll down the page.
My Form is: http://www.jotform.com//?formID=50455070789158
- SeanAnswered on March 08, 2015 at 02:22 PM
I am currently looking for a way to have this adjusted for you. I will notify you with the process to fix this soon. Sorry for the delay.
- SeanAnswered on March 08, 2015 at 03:38 PM
If you would like to change how your form is positioned after the clear button is clicked, I am afraid you would have to make changes to the source code of your form.
Add this to the end of yourtag:
and replace the HTML code for your reset button with the provided code below:
Do let us know the outcome.
- bdoodleAnswered on March 08, 2015 at 11:18 PM
No disrespect, but are you sure? I find it hard to believe that whenever someone hits Clear Form, he/she is automatically repositioned half way down the page by design. Why would JotForm developers do that?
Please double check.
- CharlieAnswered on March 09, 2015 at 04:16 AM
Could you try cloning your form and check if the problem also shows in the cloned form? Here's the guide on how to do that: http://www.jotform.com/help/27-How-to-clone-an-existing-form-from-your-account.
I've tested your form in your website and it does positioned in the middle, the standalone link of the form also shows that problem, I've cloned it and the problem doesn't seem to show anymore, could you also try cloning it in your end.
- bdoodleAnswered on March 09, 2015 at 08:14 AM
I tried cloning my form, but the Clear Form button repositioned the page just as before.
By the way, the repositioning does not occur on IE or Firefox (with the original form.)
My orig form is now named Save........
- CharlieAnswered on March 09, 2015 at 09:45 AM
Just to confirm, may I know which part of the page you are being jumped to? Is it in the "Coupon Code" field?
Here's what I'm getting and it seems there's a problem at the back end of your form, not sure though which one of it.
I'll escalate this to our developers and back end team so that they can further investigate it. My best guess would be a problem with the coupon code settings. I've cloned the form and set up my own coupon field and I was able to replicate the problem.
We'll update you when we hear any news.
- bdoodleAnswered on March 09, 2015 at 10:28 AM
I appreciate your efforts to resolve this.
Below is a snippet of my screen repositioned after hitting Clear Form.
- CharlieAnswered on March 09, 2015 at 11:10 AM
Thank you for the additional information. This would help us in identifying the problem.
Right now, I've escalated the problem and it is now in the back end team, we should hear from them directly if there's any update regarding this.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- bdoodleAnswered on March 10, 2015 at 11:06 AM
The Clear Form button now SOMETIMES positions you halfway down the page after showing a pop-up message. Other times, it just clears the form without moving and without showing a pop-up message.
- bdoodleAnswered on March 10, 2015 at 11:21 AM
I'm using Chrome. It seems to work in IE.
- CharlieAnswered on March 10, 2015 at 12:36 PM
It seems that the problem doesn't show in IE, probably IE doesn't read the code correctly.
Thanks for the additional information, will add it in my ticket report. Currently, the problem is still opened and assigned at the back end team, unfortunately there's no current update about it. But rest assure that it's already being looked at.
- bdoodleAnswered on March 13, 2015 at 02:27 PM
I would still like a fix to this problem.
- SeanAnswered on March 13, 2015 at 03:34 PM
I understand. Our development team is working on it like my colleague mentioned. I hope an update is provided soon.
- bdoodleAnswered on April 04, 2015 at 05:35 PM
Any update on this change? I ask my users to hit Clear Form before they start filling out the form, and then they are positioned down the page and have to scroll back up. It's embarrassing.
- ShadaeAnswered on April 04, 2015 at 07:25 PM
This ticket is currently assigned to a member of our back end team and has been prioritized as important.
Unfortunately there has still been no update on the issue. Once an update is available, it will be posted to this thread.
We do appreciate your patience and understand while we look into this issue.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on April 05, 2015 at 01:26 AM
My apologies for the delayed update on this matter.
Just to clear out some issues, this is a weird Google Chrome behavior and probably one of those bugs in the said browser. This problem does not happen in Firefox and IE browsers because these browsers actually behave how it should, rather than the theory that it does not read the code.
Further, I have just fixed this bug and forms should work correctly now.
Please do let us know if the problem persists.
- bdoodleAnswered on April 05, 2015 at 07:10 AM
I just tried clicking the Clear Form and it still positions you farther down the page in Chrome which, unfortunately, is the the browser most people use to access our site.
- ShadaeAnswered on April 05, 2015 at 09:42 AM
I was unable to reproduce the issue regarding your form re-positioning when using the clear form button.
Can you clear your browser cache and confirm if you are still experiencing the issue.
- bdoodleAnswered on April 05, 2015 at 10:35 AM
I cleared browser (images and files, Host app data, & browsing history only) and jotform caches and opened one of my forms. I then refreshed the browser. The error messages that should not be shown except conditionally appeared on my form before doing anything. When I hit Clear Form, nothing appeared to happen. I then partially filled in the form and hit Clear Form again. The entries I just made disappeared, but the errors remained. The pop up box that usually shows up when I hit Clear Form never appeared. I refreshed the browser and kept hitting Clear Form. Finally, the pop up box appeared and when clicked, the form was actually cleared, BUT IT WAS STILL REPOSITIONED HALF WAY DOWN THE PAGE.
I then opened a different one of my forms and refreshed my browser. No errors appeared. I hit Clear Form and the pop up box appeared. I said OK and it positioned me down the page just as before.
This only happens in Chrome I think.
- ShadaeAnswered on April 05, 2015 at 11:36 AM
I do apologize for the issue that you are currently experiencing with your form.
Can you please change your form embed code to iFrame embed code: http://www.jotform.com/help/148-Getting-the-Form-iFrame-Code
As I was only able to experiencing some of these issues when viewing the form on your webpage and not on the direct form.
- bdoodleAnswered on April 05, 2015 at 03:52 PM
If I do that, my Return to the top of form links will no longer work. I will test it that way, if you like, to gather more info', but I must return to the way I'm embedding code now. Let me know.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 05, 2015 at 05:39 PM
I was able to reproduced the jumping issue when clicking on the 'Clear' button on top of the form. I replicate it by using only the direct URL http://www.jotform.us/form/50455070789158 of the form.
However I could not reproduced the same issue on my side when I used a cloned version of hte form http://www.jotformpro.com/form/50947290048964
Can you also try first cloning your jotform http://www.jotform.us/form/50455070789158 and test the new version if its still behaves with the same issue.
user guide: -How-to-clone-an-existing-form-from-your-account
Please let us know of the results.
- bdoodleAnswered on April 05, 2015 at 10:45 PM
I have cloned this form many times and made slight modifications to make the other eight forms I'm developing. They all have the same problem. However, at your request, I cloned it again just now and embedded the new script into my webpage. The cloned version has the same problem. It positions you half way down the page after you hit OK on the pop up produced by the Clear Form button. The cloned version is:
The web URL remains: http://www.madsails.com/Order_FS_sailsTest2.html
I just tried it on my husband's computer and got the same bad result.
- bdoodleAnswered on April 05, 2015 at 11:07 PM
I just retested all my forms. The Flying Scot, 420, Lido 14, and Buccaneer sail order forms have the problem. The X-boat, MC Scow, Laser, and Opti sail order forms' Clear Form buttons appear to work fine. All of them were cloned from the Flying Scot form to start. I don't know why some have the problem and others don't. None of the forms (even those that work) use the iFrame method of embedding the code.
- CharlieAnswered on April 06, 2015 at 12:44 AM
I've checked the website: http://www.madsails.com/Order_FS_sailsTest2.html, but I was unable to replicate the problem. I see you are using the default embed code.
This happens because you are using the default embed code, but the problem is that there are a lot of conflicting codes between your website and your customize form. See that screenshot below, it should only accept numbers and show a required field error:
I tried the direct link of your form and was able to see the problem. I'll inform liyam again about this.
- CharlieAnswered on April 06, 2015 at 12:50 AM
It seems like the problem only happens on Firefox and IE, could you confirm that it doesn't happen in Google Chrome? Also, please try using the direct link for the testing.
- bdoodleAnswered on April 06, 2015 at 02:08 AM
Just the opposite. The Clear Form works in Firefox and IE, but not in Chrome.
If you mean by "direct link" for testing...
I'm doing that.
(Putting alphas in the Mainsail Sail Nbr field does generate an error for numeric values and missing Mainsail Nbr Color field required as soon as you click elsewhere or hit ENTER.)
- CharlieAnswered on April 06, 2015 at 03:26 AM
That's weird, I cloned your form and setup the "Coupon Code", and the problem was not any more visible.
I also checked your website link again http://www.madsails.com/Order_FS_sailsTest2.html, and it seems like you added an alert function to test, unfortunately, the other functions in the form embedded on your website doesn't work in my end, that includes the coupon code and the required field errors. I was able to make a submission without filling out the required fields. As mentioned by my colleague, to avoid code conflict you'll need to use the iFrame.
Could you try removing the current coupon code that you have and set it up again, see if that fixes the problem.
What I meant by direct link is the form's URL viewing directly on the browser and not in the website.
- bdoodleAnswered on April 06, 2015 at 09:22 AM
I really want to test with the "live" form that I have on my website (without any recognizable link to get there so it isn't used during testing.) That's the way things really work for my customers.
Having said that, I did what you suggested and removed and re-added the coupon codes in the 3 forms where the Clear Form wasn't working. Voila! They all work now!
- bdoodleAnswered on April 06, 2015 at 09:32 AM
Ok. I just tested the forms more fully. The Clear Form doesn't position you down the page, but neither does it entirely clear the form! Even worse, when I order some products, the total fields are no longer updated.
I'm going to clear caches and try again. I'll get back to you if I continue to have problems.
Thanks for your help.
- CharlieAnswered on April 06, 2015 at 10:26 AM
I'm glad it worked. I noticed that you changed the embed code to iFrame. I hope everything should be working as expected. I visited the web link again and was able to clear the fields properly, and it is not anymore jumping in any part in my end.
Do let us know if the problem still persists.
- bdoodleAnswered on April 06, 2015 at 10:37 AM
To address all the problems that popped up above, I did switch to the iFrame embed. Now, everything seems to work except:
1.) When I hit Clear Form, all the fields are cleared but the totals remain. This seems to happen only in Chrome and when any new order selection is made, the totals are correctly updated. I can live with it, but would prefer it not to do this.
2.) My links to the top of the form. Given the length of some of my forms, I really want these links to work. I started another thread on this in the past, and its resolution was to switch to the reg script embed instead of iFrame. Any other ideas?
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on April 06, 2015 at 12:02 PM
I have tested your form and I was not able to reproduce mentioned problem with Clear Form. I tested in Chrome and FireFox and i was able to clear all fields including Total. Maybe problem is related to browser caching, so please try to delete your browser cache.
Regarding second issue I found thread where my colleagues explain to you that unfortunately it is not possible to use iFrame and anchor.
The issue seems to be related to the web page URL where you have embedded your form. The anchor tag of your embedded form is not working. You have embedded your form using its iFrame embed code and this is what my colleague explained you earlier that "anchors within iFrames are not consistent between browsers".
Please embed your form using its script emebd code and that should solve your problem but it will still not work in FireFox browser because of the FireFox Bug #638598.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- bdoodleAnswered on April 06, 2015 at 03:32 PM
The problem with Clear Form not clearing out totals continues to happen for me in Chrome (after clearing caches). It happens when I order a sail which updates the total amount and then hit Clear Form. It appears to only happen on my forms that are embedded via the iFrame method. You at Jotform have encouraged me to use the iFrame embed method to address lots of problems that I have had. It has worked except for the two problems I mention above including this one.
You say above, "Please embed your form using its script emebd code and that should solve your problem..." Are you saying now that I should use the script embed code to fix my link issue?
It appears that I'm in a Catch 22. I can either have my links to elsewhere on the same page work by using the script embed method or I can have many other problems addressed by using iFrame embed.
I have tried to use the iFrame embed method but add s Scroll to the Top widget, but I cannot get it to appear on my form. Please see form:
and website page:
You may want to make this widget issue a different thread, but I still would like to have Clear Form clear the totals as well.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on April 06, 2015 at 04:13 PM
To summarize all things and problems because seems that this thread is too long.
1. At first you had problem with embedding form inside of script block because when you used clear form, after clicking OK button form was jumping on coupon code.
2. This issue was escalated to our developers and that problem was resolved.
3. I cloned your form and I made one static .html page in which I added script block and I am confirming that when I added script block clear form was working expected. One more time I can not reproduce issue that you have in Chrome that clear form is not clearing total amount. For me clear form is working as expected.
4. With script block anchor will also work.
5. One reason why we recommended iFrame and we are always recommending that is because it is more independent and it less possible that will be in conflict with other HTML part of pages. When you are using script there is always possibility that script block will not work because some other script that is embedded inside of your web page.
6. When I tried to find solution why anchor is not working I found thread opened by you where my colleagues already found some explanations that problem with anchor and iFrame is not JotForm problem it is some general HTML problem that exist.
7. Workaround for this could be possible that you remove link Return to form top from existing form and to put it directly on your web page and same for anchor. However that will require additional CSS styling to make link to look good and to be positioned properly. That CSS would need to be included directly on your web page.
Hope this will help.
- bdoodleAnswered on April 06, 2015 at 04:29 PM
Thank you for your reply.
What about Scroll to Top widget issue I mention above as possible substitute for the link?
- BenAnswered on April 06, 2015 at 06:42 PM
I would like to help you with all of your issues and for me and all of us to do this, I would like you to give us the next info:
1. your total is not being cleared when you click clear form (true / false)
2. you would like to have a link that takes you to top of the form (true / false)
If I understood it correctly, your form does not work correctly with Scroll to top widget - next to the issue with total and with the issue with scrolling to the coupon?
I apologize for asking you this, but looking at the very long threads I simply would not like to ignore any issue and would like to help you resolve it quickly.
Looking forward to your reply.
- bdoodleAnswered on April 06, 2015 at 11:09 PMYes. In Chrome, my total fields (subtotal, taxes, shipping, and total) are not being cleared when one clicks Clear FormYes. I'd like a way to allow user to move to top of form. To solve other issues with the form (including inappropriate scrolling to coupon field), you had me change to iFrame embed which causes intra-form Links to no longer work in at least Chrome, IE, and Firefox. I tried to use Scroll to Top widget instead of Link, but I can't get it to work.
At this point, I need you to help me with the two issues in red. Each could be turned into a new thread if you like.
I'm trying to solve these problems which appear on several of my forms which are very similar. To see both issues, please see form:
and website page:
- CharlieAnswered on April 06, 2015 at 11:27 PM