- cccdAsked on October 28, 2011 at 01:56 AM
I have a form that leads people to pay for our annual service via paypal. When people fail to complete the paypal payment portion of the sign-up, I want to be able to follow-up with an email or phone call but I don't get notified when these forms are incomplete. Is there any way to make sure that I'm notified when paypal attempts fail or if the form is abandoned at that stage?
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on October 28, 2011 at 04:08 AM
Yes! you will be notified, if the user didn't settle payment after redirected to paypal this will be logged as a Pending Submission.
To view the Pending submission please do the following:
1. Goto My Forms page.
2. You will then see an Incomplete payments link just below the title of your form.
3. After clicking the Incomplete Payments link, a pop-up will appear and you will see the pending submissions list.
Hope this helps, let us know if you have further questions.
- cccdAnswered on October 28, 2011 at 02:21 PM
Yes, I was aware that I could view the incomplete payments. I was hoping that I could be notified of incomplete payments rather than having to log into jotform regularly to verify if there are any.
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on October 28, 2011 at 03:33 PM
The notification email for pending submissions is actually already added in our feature request list. We have receive similar request from other users for such function.
You can find the escalated request in the following thread:
Thanks for using JotForm!