- RICHARD MINKLERAsked on March 13, 2015 at 11:01 AM
I restrict one of our forms to one submission only for an individual using a unique number that they enter in one of the boxes. I get this message below but would like to change the message to ask them to contact head office
Sorry! Only one entry is allowed. Multiple submissions are disabled for this form.
Multiple submissions are disabled for this form.
- raulAnswered on March 13, 2015 at 12:58 PM
If I understand correctly you want to customize the message that is shown when you've enabled the unique submissions feature in your forms.
If so, you can do this using the Form Warnings options.
Let us know if this what you're referring to or not.
- Richard MinklerAnswered on March 13, 2015 at 01:28 PM
That is what I thought however when I change that area it has no effect with the form I am using. The form in question is http://www.jotformpro.com/5Day/FT26
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on March 13, 2015 at 04:23 PM
I just made a test and the custom warnings are shown, please try to submit without filling the email or fill it and clear the form, you'll see the custom messages:
- Richard MinklerAnswered on March 14, 2015 at 03:26 AM
Sorry Jeanette that isn't quite what is wrong. There is a custom response when someone submits more that one form when a particular Unique Question field is restricted. In the case of my form its the field for "driving licence number" I have restricted this field to one entry and it has worked very well for many months. However the response to the customer if they try to submit again is:Sorry! Only one entry is allowed. Multiple submissions are disabled for this form.Multiple submissions are disabled for this form.Even though I have changed the response in the Warning Message field to : "We are unable to process your application at this time, please contact the office on 01603 616909"I still see the response ..Sorry! Only one entry is allowed. Multiple submissions are disabled for this form.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on March 14, 2015 at 05:18 AM
I tested one more time functionality that you want to achieve. I was able to change custom warning message. Here is the link to my form http://form.jotformpro.com/form/50665001068953
In second attempt of entering same email address you should get this warning message.
You need to find the warning message "Sorry! Only one entry is allowed. Multiple submissions are disabled for this form." and change it to required text. Please check the screenshot below:
Also you need to set Unique Question inside of Form Limits. Mine is set on email and you can set your on drivers licence.
In case that you still can not fix this issue please provide us link to your form so we can inspect it.
Looking forward to your answer.
- 5DayAnswered on March 14, 2015 at 11:20 AM
Great I've got it and changed the message thank you for your help
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on March 14, 2015 at 11:41 AM
We are glad that we where able to help you. Feel free to contact us any time you need help.:)
- snjroseAnswered on October 11, 2016 at 01:57 PMI just had a customer let me know that she did not see my custom message on my form. My custom message says to email us if there is an error and we will edit the form. Instead, the customer resubmitted using another email address (our unique question field). I really want to stop people from submitting more than 1 form. If they don't see my custom message, they will go ahead and do it again. I tested it and I could see both my custom message and the default one below it. I don't what device or browser the customer who only saw the default message was using. Can you help? Thanks!
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on October 11, 2016 at 04:08 PM
I have moved your comment to another thread, it is in order to assist you better and avoid any confusion.
Here is the link to the other thread: https://www.jotform.com/answers/957515
We will assist you on that thread as soon as possible.