- Johnr0626Asked on March 16, 2015 at 11:52 PM
I have created my form and read some posts regarding adding approvals. I have gotten lost. I want the form to be submitted by a sales rep, then approved or declined by me. If it's declined it goes back to the rep. If it's approved it goes to our traffic department for processing. Please tell me what I am doing wrong.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on March 17, 2015 at 06:38 AM
Sometimes this sort of logic can be tricky to figure out but from examining the notifiers and conditions in your jotform and assuming you wish Notifier 1 to go to the traffic department and Notifier 2 to go to the sales rep, I believe the solution would be to configure the conditions as follows:
Please reconfigure the conditions as shown above and let us know the outcome.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on March 17, 2015 at 07:22 AM
Upon giving this some more thought, I realized that there would have to be a third notifier without any conditions attached. That notification should contain an edit link (see this guide).
So, the workflow would be as follows:
1. Sales rep completes form (except for the approval field) and submits it
2. You receive Notifier 3 (the one mentioned in this reply) and click the edit link
3. The completed form loads and you select either Yes, order approved or No, order not approved and submit the form
4. If "Yes, order approved" was selected, Notifier 1 will go to the traffic department. If "No, order not approved" was selected, Notifier 2 will go to the sales rep
If any of this is unclear, please let me know.