- LC3Asked on March 17, 2015 at 05:55 AM
I've been waiting on this new feature. But unless I'm missing something, I think that I can speak for many business professionals when I point out the following: In a nutshell, we should be able to "import" a PDF to Jotform without having the change the original appearance of that particular document
[Preexisting PDF Importing] is crucial functionality that supersedes [Jotform to PDF conversions]. Because a lot of thought and planning goes into preexisting PDF's used during the course of business by companies and professionals abroad, having to deviate from original PDF format's is likely to be frowned upon. Not to mention that a couple of smart document services online are likewise, allowing customers to import their PDF's [in their original formats] as fillable electronic documents, with confirmation email, signatures, etc. Thus, to ensure that Jotform retains its migrant Adobe customers more focus needs to be placed upon Jotform's preexisting PDF import functionality. Please understand that it's going to take more than a response hereunder for what clearly needs to be a focal point of this big announcement. Rather, I'd like to see a followup email, linked to a blog post, video, etc. focusing strictly upon importing preexisting PDF's in their original formats.
- LC3Answered on March 17, 2015 at 06:04 AM
Btw, I'm not going to name a company here because I feel that it would be condescending to Jotform, but one smart document service has even made it possible for form submission data to be automatically entered into imported [fillable] PDF's - functionality that I was told that Jotform could not handle:
Thanks for Listening!
- CharlieAnswered on March 17, 2015 at 10:01 AM
We're happy to announce that you can now import your PDF forms directly in the FormsCentral page: http://www.jotform.com/adobe-formscentral-alternative/.
Click "Import" and you'll see an additional option to import PDF only forms.
Our developers also just released another new feature. You can now convert your JotForms to a fillable PDF. Please see this blog post to learn more about it: http://www.jotform.com/blog/134-JotForm-Announces-New-Fillable-PDF-Form-Creator.
I hope this helps. Do let us know if you need more information on this.
- LC3Answered on March 17, 2015 at 11:21 AM
Are you saying that... form submission data is automatically entered into our imported [fillable] PDF's? If so, can you please post a demo video here?
- LC3Answered on March 17, 2015 at 11:49 AM
You see, the whole point of what I'm saying is that we should be able to use Jotforms to complete those data entry fields, then print our [completed] PDF's in their original formats, as opposed to simply using our imported fillable PDF's to gather information. These are two different types of functionality
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 17, 2015 at 01:35 PM
Let me address both of your related functionality question separately:
1. we should be able to use Jotforms to complete those data entry fields: This is possible to achieve. You can download your form's fillable PDF format which will allow to input in fields and then you can submit it as well. The following guide should help you: http://www.jotform.com/blog/134-JotForm-Announces-New-Fillable-PDF-Form-Creator
2. then print our [completed] PDF's in their original formats: Unfortunately it is currently not possible to import or populate the PDF format of form with submission data. It is not possible to get your submission data back to your PDF form. The only option is to ask your users to input data in fillable PDF and then print it.
Hope this answers your query.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- LC3Answered on March 17, 2015 at 02:45 PM
Smart document providers allow PDF users to populate fields with form submission data, submit documents in a PDF formats to recipients to be signed electronically, send confirmation emails that include printable PDF's after signature, and even allow subsequent submissions to additional parties after PDF's are signed as needed, etc. Please work on this functionality asap. In many cases, its the way business gets done.. especially when it comes to executing agreements via PDF.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on March 17, 2015 at 04:45 PM
Thank you for providing your feedback. Your feedback is always valuable to us. Let me see what best can be done in this regard and get back to you with the relevant information.
Thank you for using JotForm!
- LC3Answered on March 18, 2015 at 04:29 AM
Likewise, I'd like to thank the Jotform support team for being patient and responsive to customer critiques. Its a part of the reason why Jotform will always be my #1 choice among form builders. With regard to PDF functionality, I just had to let you guys know what you're up against, ya know? And it may take some time, but whenever your PDF functionality is enhanced, I'll be here. Again, thank you!