troy_thielAsked on July 22, 2023 08:08 PM
Hi. Wondering how I go about changing the confirmation email and reminder email that specify the appointment duration when the customer picks a certain day of the week for their appointment. For instance, if they pick a Wednesday I want it to say 6 to 8:30 for the appointment time. If they pick any other day of the week it should be a 3 hour appointment time. Please see my form in progress. I have the appointment slot duration as 180 minutes which works for all appointments except for those on Wednesdays.Other option is to remove the appointment duration time from the confirmation and reminder emails and just show the date instead.
zachariahscaife661Replied on July 23, 2023 08:45 AM
Hi! To customize the confirmation and reminder emails with different appointment durations based on the selected day, you can use conditional logic in your email template. Check the selected day and display the corresponding time slot accordingly (6 to 8:30 for Wednesdays, and 3 hours for other days). Alternatively, if you prefer to show only the date in the emails, you can remove the appointment duration time from the template. Best of luck with your form!
saterfieldstines376Replied on July 23, 2023 09:41 AM
Hi there! To customize the confirmation and reminder emails based on the selected appointment day, you'll need to implement conditional logic in your form. Adjust the appointment slot duration to 180 minutes for all days except Wednesdays, For Wednesdays, set the duration to 150 minutes. Alternatively, you can display only the date in the emails without the appointment duration. Hope this helps!
broderickpriddy4Replied on July 23, 2023 10:34 AM
Hi there! To customize the confirmation and reminder emails based on the appointment day, you can use conditional logic in your email template. If the customer picks Wednesday, display "6 to 8:30" for the appointment time; otherwise, show "3 hours." Alternatively, you can simply display the appointment date without specifying the duration.
Clara JotForm SupportReplied on July 24, 2023 02:12 AM
Thanks for using Jotform. I understand your issue but I need a little bit of time to get back with a solution.
Thanks for your patience.
Clara JotForm SupportReplied on July 24, 2023 02:40 AM
Thanks for waiting patiently. Setting different available time intervals is easy. Let me show you how to it step by step:
First, we'll remove the day you want to set different time intervals:
- In Form Builder, hover your mouse over the appointment field and click on the Gear icon.
- Select the Availability tab on the page that opens on the right side of the page.
Now, we will add and set a Single Choice element:
- Click on the Add Form Element menu and drag-drop the Single Choice element.
- Click on the Type a Question text and change it to the question you want to use.
- Hover your mouse over the appointment field and click on the Gear icon.
- Select the Options tab on the page that opens on the right side of the page and add the weekdays under the Options.
Adding Appointment element:
- Click on the Add Form Element menu and drag-drop the Appointment element into your form.
- Click on the Gear icon next to the field and click on the Availability tab and set different available time intervals under Intervals.
Now, let's set up the conditions:
- In Form Builder, in the orange navigation bar at the top of the page, click on Settings.
- Click on Conditions on the left of the page.
- Now, click on Add a New Condition and then click on Show/Hide Field.
- Set the conditions as you see below:
Set up Conditions for all of the choices for your question. Check out the screencast below to see how your form will work after setting up the Conditions:
As for your other question, I've moved that to a new thread. You can check that out here.
Give it a try and let us know how it goes.