- 247BankruptcyAsked on March 19, 2015 at 01:42 PMGot excited there for a bit. I thought we can import already made PDF forms and make it fillable PDF. :(just how we can do it Ecosign. :( it's would have been a very exciting new feature.
This is a re-post of a comment on JotForm Announces New Fillable PDF Form Creator
- BenAnswered on March 19, 2015 at 03:55 PM
Yes, you should be able to import PDF forms into your JotForm account and then export it as fillable PDF.
To import the jotform you can go here: FormsCentral Alternative: Import Your Forms and Form Responses to JotForm
Just select the option PDF Only during the import.
Once you do it will be added to your jotforms as a form.
Now once as a form you can export it as a fillable PDF after checking this page: JotForm Announces New Fillable PDF Form Creator
Would you mind if I ask why you would import the PDF to export it as a PDF again? Even if it is fillable, it means that the people you send it to must have latest versions of Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat (which is not free) or Foxit.
The same is also much more inconvenient for many using Macs or that would like to do it over a mobile device, while in the same time our forms only require online access, so it can be filled over almost all devices with access to internet + you can use many of our amazing integrations and widgets, which do not exist in PDFs.
It is however important to note that the fillable PDF has some limits that we explained here: Fillable PDF - Everything you need to know about JotForm fillable PDF creator
Do let us know however if you have any further questions and we would be happy to answer them.
- 247BankruptcyAnswered on March 19, 2015 at 04:35 PM
Thank you for that answer. I will surely try that out. Well, We've always had these types of forms in our company and all that we wanna accomplish now is to integrate everything with JotForm. It is very good to learn that while we get to have a PDF fillable form, it also comes with a web form. I think having these options are great.
- BenAnswered on March 19, 2015 at 06:52 PM
You are welcome.
And do let us know if you have any questions or issues and we would be happy to assist, but I am very sure that you will like our online forms (JotForm is actually an online form builder just making it possible to use from offline as well ;) )
I would actually suggest checking out and using online forms for several reasons:
1. mobility (can be opened on iOS, Android, Mac, Linux, Windows, Unix...)
2. easy to maintain and give to people (only one link to share - per form)
3. Beautiful designs ( Introducing the JotForm Theme Store )
4. Tons of widgets (How to Add a Widget to your Form )
5. Tons of integrations
I would recommend taking a quick look at our themes, I am sure that you will see many amazing ones and even themed to various occasions and sessions.