- WillCoAsked on March 23, 2015 at 07:47 AM
We have several date fields on our forms which are used for date of birth. If a user types into this field rather than using the date selector it either defaults to today's date (if the default time was set on the form) or returns a blank space (if no default time was set on the form)
Is there any way that we can return the typed data if a user chooses to enter the information that way?
- CharlieAnswered on March 23, 2015 at 11:14 AM
I see that the date field are required, I'm not sure if the date field can be left blank for that.
You could try setting the "Lite Mode" option to "No". This will make your date field validate the input data on it.
Here's how you can do it:
1. Click the properties of your date field.
2. Scroll down in the properties and change the "Lite Mode" to "No".
That should force your user to input correct or valid dates.
I hope this helps. Do let us know if this works.
- WillCoAnswered on March 24, 2015 at 12:40 PM
Hi, our date fields were being displayed as a single box rather than three separate ones (they were imported across from Adobe central) so I removed and then re-added them and this seems to have resolved the issue.
- CharlieAnswered on March 24, 2015 at 01:22 PM
I'm glad you have sorted it out.
If you needed any assistance again, please do not hesitate to contact us again here in the forum.