- simonglenisterAsked on November 01, 2011 at 07:44 AM
Is there a way to set default values in a matrix in the same way you can set a default value in Text Box?.
I would like to use the first row within a matrix to show an example of the type of answers I am expecting the user to give.
- JotForm SupportjoeyAnswered on November 01, 2011 at 10:21 AM
We don't have that feature right now but for a solution you may put a Free Text(HTML) box on top of your matrix or have an image explaining your expectations.
Get a screenshot of your matrix filled the way you like and and put the screenshot as an image in your Free Text(HTML) box or add your screenshot as an image. These two will help your users visually. Maybe it can be better than the feature you would like to use :)
I know that you may thought of these options already but I am sorry that we couldn't have the feature you wanted so I wanted to give you an alternate solution.
- simonglenisterAnswered on November 01, 2011 at 11:09 AM
This is pretty much the approach we have already adopted, but useful to know what is possible...
- JotForm SupportjoeyAnswered on November 01, 2011 at 11:12 AM
I knew it :) Sorry for not having implemented the feature yet.
- foundationfootprintAnswered on April 25, 2013 at 06:14 PM
Has this been implemented yet?
- jeanettebmzAnswered on April 25, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Please open a new thread and make sure the title is similar, so we can open a ticket to request this feature and speed up the process