- endeeAsked on November 01, 2011 at 08:36 AM
I would like to be able to do the following
I have several user generated forms on my site, each form has a hidden URL field that I would like to act as the thank you page for that particular form.
Visitors to my site can complete these forms, submit them and then are redirected to the hidden URL.
I had thought that I would be able to set this up easily using conditions, but it only asks for a URL not a field.
Is this possible at all?
- JotForm SupportjoeyAnswered on November 01, 2011 at 10:00 AM
If you want to redirect all of your users to 1 specific URL you can follow these steps.
Go to setup & embed tab and click thank you button.
Select custom URL and click next.
Copy your URL to the URL field and click finish.
After your users complete their forms and submit their forms they will be redirected to the URL you gave.
I hope this helps.
- endeeAnswered on November 01, 2011 at 10:15 AM
Thanks for the quick response however, this won't work as each form submitted needs to redirect to a different site, ie the site listed in the hidden field of the form (which is already pre-populated).
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on November 01, 2011 at 04:56 PM
I would like to inform you that you can use a Change Thank You URL after submission conditions to redirect your users to different pages based on the information in prepopulated hidden field.
If you have any problems with this, please let us know. We will be happy to help you.
- endeeAnswered on November 01, 2011 at 07:18 PM
Thanks again but still not exactly what I was after. It may not be possible but I have tried to explain a bit more.
Here is the scenario:
I have a form that a visitor completes and submits,
the information submitted then becomes a listing on my site. The information submitted also prepopulates a hidden field ( ie THEIR WESITE URL), in a new form that appears with their listing.
When a prospective lead completes this form and submits it they should be redirected to the URL contained within the hidden field.
It would work using the method you explained but this would mean having to set up a dfferent thank you page condition for every form on my site which could be many, rather than setting it up once.
What I was attemptiing to do using the conditions was:
IF -HIDDEN -Field -IS FILLED-
Then redirect to -HIDDEN- field
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on November 01, 2011 at 07:41 PM
I am afraid that it is not possible with our basic functionality, but you may try a trick, possible solution is to create a page on your server that will redirect your clients based on hidden field. Please take a look at the following steps:
1. First of all you will need to create the page (script) on your site that should be able to accept the data posted by your form, and redirect your users.
2. Set a Custom Thank You page URL to the created page.
3. Configure your form to send Post Data.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.
- endeeAnswered on November 01, 2011 at 07:57 PM
Will give that a go. Thanks for your help.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on November 01, 2011 at 08:01 PM
We are more than thankful for your cooperation and patience with us.
- khrisellAnswered on July 05, 2013 at 05:03 PMGreetings!We are happy to announce that we have released Jotform Webhooks, this feature would replace Send Post Data + Custom URL Thank You Page workaround in order to help you transfer forms data to your own database using your own script codes.
To know more about Jotform Webhooks, please click here.
Thank you for using JotForm. :)