- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 24, 2015 at 07:01 PM
Unfortunately, you cannot.
There is no option for character limits on the Configurable List Textbox similar to the property available on the regular Textbox field.
You can also review here the configurable options available for Configurable List
Please inform us if you need further assistance.
- AnixterAnswered on March 25, 2015 at 11:19 AM
I found a link where I think you said it is possible?
Can you please verify, thank you!
- AnixterAnswered on March 25, 2015 at 11:20 AM
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 25, 2015 at 12:55 PM
That is for the textbox field from Quick Tools section, it's not in the configurable list widget settings.
- AnixterAnswered on March 25, 2015 at 01:02 PM
So there is absolutely no way to put a character limit in the second column?
Please see my form in the configurable list:
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 25, 2015 at 02:15 PM
The Configurable List widget (textbox field) doesn't have the property to limit character input like the Textbox field from Form Tools.
So yes, this NOT doable at this time on your form.
On your current form, I think you can also just used the regular Textboxes. Just position them side by side (2 column formation)
related user guide: -Form-Field-Positioning
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- AnixterAnswered on March 25, 2015 at 02:32 PM
How can I use the regular text boxes then? So that I may be able to put a character (90) limit to the second column- line memo.
Thank you so much.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 25, 2015 at 03:47 PM
If you meant you want to use the regular Textbox field from Form Tools to your Configurable List widget -- you cannot.
What I was suggesting was, using the Textbox field as is, and add them on your form. Like this...
- AnixterAnswered on March 26, 2015 at 10:29 AM
I guess I will have to take your advice and use the regular textbox field instead. How do I change my form to this? I need 2 columns with 50 rows.
Would you please take a look at my current chart on my form?
I need left side "eAnixter Order Line #" then next to it "Line Memo that applies to all reels/cuts on this line" (with only 90 characters max)
Thank you for your help.
- AnixterAnswered on March 26, 2015 at 10:48 AM
I was scrolling through the widgets and can't find the text boxes side to side like you showed up top...
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on March 26, 2015 at 12:14 PM
The text boxes is not under the Widgets. It is under the "Form Tools".
Hope this helps. Thank you!
- AnixterAnswered on March 26, 2015 at 01:48 PM
Ok, I found it but how do I put another text box right next to it? I need 50 of these side by side.
- AnixterAnswered on March 26, 2015 at 02:10 PM
Ok, I made two text boxes line up next to each other.
The next question now is how do I make the second box "white part" longer so it matches up to the length of the header title?