- nbsAsked on November 02, 2011 at 03:36 PM
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on November 02, 2011 at 05:41 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
Unfortunately, your query is a little bit unclear for me. Are you receiving timeout errors during uploading files? Please provide us with the exact steps to reproduce your problem.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
- nbsAnswered on November 02, 2011 at 07:23 PM
What I meant was that after using the site to retrieve a submission, I then do other work in the office. When I return to see if anymore submissions were received after maybe just five minutes, I am logged out already.
I hope that's clearer.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on November 02, 2011 at 07:34 PM
We are sorry for the inconveniences caused. Could you please clear cache and cookies, then log in to see if that makes any difference for you? Also can you please check the service in any other internet browser?
Thank you for your patience and cooperation in this matter.
- nbsAnswered on November 02, 2011 at 08:00 PM
I currently use the latest IE and Firefox versions. It happens on both sides. Also, I have cleared the cache - ctrl / f5 - many, many times, all with the same result.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on November 02, 2011 at 08:52 PM
Is it possible that you are connected to the website via a proxy server? When using a proxy server, the server stores the cookies/session on the server's end. This can be one of the reasons why you get cut off from your logged in connection.
To check your browser if you are using a proxy:
1. Click Tools > Options on the Menu Bar (If using the FF7 on default, click Firefox > Options)
2. Click Advanced, you will see 4 tabs
3. Select the Network Tab
4. Under Connection, click the Settings button
If the option selected is No Proxy, then you're not using a proxy server. If possible, can you check if this problem happens as well on other websites where you can log in such as facebook or a web based email account?