- raiseonlineAsked on November 03, 2011 at 12:50 PM
I have prepared email confirmation autoresponse but each time when I open to make changes, jotform puts some extra spaces between paragraphs, moves some text order, also changes the font size and font type. I have to clear all the changes that jotform does before I make my own amendments. Each time i open it I have to clear the spaces and font changes.
I can make the changes that jotform creates but the problem is clients gets in the same format with extra spaces and different font size for some text not all of them.
- yasincoAnswered on November 03, 2011 at 03:53 PM
Please wait for a JotForm rep to look into this as I have no access to your account because im not a member.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on November 03, 2011 at 06:51 PM
We are very sorry for the inconveniences you are facing.
Could you please provide us with the full mail headers of correct and wrong formatted autoresponse messages? Then, we will be able to proceed with the further investigation in this matter.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
- raiseonlineAnswered on November 08, 2011 at 09:30 AM
I have just emailed you jotform email address to show you what our clients receive.
Here is the link for the original email I prepared in jotform.
Jotform adds some spaces between paragraphs and the worst thing is moves the text to the bottom of the page.
In the Afternoon session, It also shows the Narrowing the gap and it moves the rest of the text for the Afternoon session to the at the end of the page.
I make the changes but after a while, jotform moves the text to the bottom of the page again and changes the font.
- fxrAnswered on November 08, 2011 at 04:37 PM
How did you get that text into the email composition on JotForm in the first place?
I am a little concerned that directly copying and pasting from Word or any other word processing package may have introduced 'special' characters into the mix that somehow 'breaks' the formatting of the email when it gets saved.
- AykutAnswered on November 09, 2011 at 10:08 AM
I only copied the table from word and the rest from Notepad.
Now, I have started to create a new response email from scratch. I copied the text from Notepad and change the colour and font to Arial. Each time when I save the response email and go back and open it to make further changes, I have noticed that jotform changed the font and size again.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on November 09, 2011 at 05:49 PM
Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce this problem from my side. I have tried both copying text from Word and Notepad, formatting the text, and then re-open editor.
Are you able to reproduce the problem in any other browser?
- aykutAnswered on November 09, 2011 at 06:24 PMMaybe my list is too big. Please copy the whole text from word document into jotform save it and come back to jotform. It moves a few paragraphs from approx middle to the end of the text. Today I have tried to redo it and the same problem. Could you please copy the whole word document into a jotform autoresponse and reopen it? I used latest firefox and internet explorer 9. Its the same problem. It not only moves the text and alters the font type and size. And adds a few spaces between paragraphs. Thank you
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on November 09, 2011 at 08:10 PM
It is probably that I am missing somethings, but I have already tried to put all the text from your word document.
Could you please provide us with the screenshots of problematic zones? I hope it will clear the problem for us.
Thank you very much for your patience and cooperation in this matter.