- BBIEAsked on April 02, 2015 at 12:04 PM
But we now have another problem.
All the mails come now twice... Once formatted and once in plain text.
I could have a look on the forms to find a possible error in the code, but as I have 2 Jotform accounts (the other is jmputz), I guess it is worth to communicate this to you, because I have the same problem on my other account too since a few weeks... The other account being a personal one, I did not open a ticket for that, as I can live with it.
For the corporate account BBIE, things are different.
Could you please have a look into this? And suggest me a solution for it?
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on April 02, 2015 at 12:17 PM
As I check your JotForm, it seems that there are two notifications duplicated. Could you check if the issue is related to this.
Please check and let us know if you need any further assistance.
- BBIEAnswered on April 03, 2015 at 01:50 AM
This seems to be the problem. But... I have no idea why this suddenly happened.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 03, 2015 at 05:25 AM
I'm wondering if someone from your office have the access to the account? Someone might have changed it or add it to the form.
Check your form revision history: http://www.jotform.com/help/294-How-to-View-Form-Revision-History and let us know if you can find these changes in the area.
- BBIEAnswered on April 03, 2015 at 06:28 AM
Thanks for your reply.
Nobody else than myself has the possibility to add a mail to the form.
I am now sure this is a bug in Jotform. I have 2 reasons to say tahi;
1. On my own personal account (jmputz) I receive since a few weeks all messages twice. Once formatted and once unformatted. I did not change anything since months to the form and I noticed this morning that there too a new mail has been added. This form is much simpler than the one of BBIE as there are no conditions there...
2. I forgot to modify the English version of BBIE form, ans I did this this morning, with a 4 eye control. So I changed the (about) 10 mails in the English form very cautiously, to add no-reply@boip in each of the mails.
And when it was finished.... a new (unconditional, copy of an existing) mail was added to the list.
Same problem with the French form.
So I guess there is definitely something wrong there in the software. Could maybe be worth to have a closer look on the code in that matter.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 03, 2015 at 07:50 AM
Our apologies and thank you for the additional information/clarifications. I've checked the forms and it looks like the duplicate emails have been deleted already. What I could suggest is to look at your emails and if you notice a duplicate again, please let us know here and please don't delete the emails until we have it documented and submitted it to our developers for further review.
You could be right about the bug, but so far, I cannot replicate it here.
- BBIEAnswered on April 03, 2015 at 08:06 AM
We are now so glad it is working again that, if we see a double mail again, we will delete it immediately as there is a whole workflow associated with those mails.
If you want to reproduce it, I guess it it very simple. Do what I did. So I suggest you to make a clone of one of the contact forms, and then changing something (for instance the sender's mail) in all of them.
Save the form, and check if there is no new mail beneath the list... For BBIE it is very easy to see, as all mails are conditional.
This could help you to track the bug.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on April 03, 2015 at 09:31 AM
Glad to hear that your issue is now resolved. Let us know if you need any help.