- fieryfoodsAsked on April 02, 2015 at 03:56 PM
I'm building a form and need some help. I've tried a few things and also looked around your forum and don't yet see a solution to my problem...
I need to associate text checkboxes with predefined numerical values. I then need a field at the end of the form that will show the a total amount. Finally, I need to integrate that total to a payment gateway (Transax) in which the user would pay that total amount.
Here are the details broken down:
1. For each product a user enters, they can choose multiple categories. Each category needs to be associated with a numerical value ($80).
2. At the end of a product submission, a field needs to show the total amount in dollars based on how many categories chosen. (i.e. User inputs product A and chooses 2 categories: Barbecue Sauce > All-Natural Hot & Flat Art > Product Label. This would total $160.)
Here is my form: https://secure.jotform.us/fieryfoods/2016scovieawards
Click on "Add Products" to view where I want the above to appear.
Can you help me?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on April 02, 2015 at 06:07 PM
This can be accomplished by using a calculation widget and associated your checkboxes with calculation values:
This would make each selection a value of 80. Then you forward the field to your calculation widget:
Here is the quick test form I made to show you how it works:
If you have any further questions, let us know and we will be happy to help.
- fieryfoodsAnswered on April 02, 2015 at 06:56 PM
Excellent that helped thank you!
My next question is how do I make it so that there is a condition in which choosing 4 categories results in the same calculation as choosing 3 (in other words buy 3 get 4)?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on April 03, 2015 at 03:01 AM
I am not sure if I have understood your question correctly.
I would suggest you to please explain your question a bit more in detail and we will surely help you. As we cannot answer multiple questions in one thread and this seems to be a new question. Please click on the following URL to create a new thread and post your question: http://www.jotform.com/answers/answer.php?