- salesthinwarenetAsked on April 07, 2015 at 05:31 PM
We have been downloading our submissions 2-3 times a day for months. Today our import process that brings the data into our database broke. Upon further research we found that the CSV download process is now placing the IP address and Submission ID fields at the end? What has changed? Is this a permanent change? Basically the field order has changed and broken our import process. This is a major issue for us and we are completely down right now and cannot process any of today's orders. PLEASE help.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 07, 2015 at 10:19 PM
Can you please check in the form's View Submission page if the ID and IP field options were checked?
I just checked this also by downloading the CSV file submission of my test form, and the ID and IP are excluded by default on the exported CSV file.
As far as I know, we did not changed this procedure recently. The ID and IP were not selected by default.
Please let us know if issue persist.
- salesthinwarenetAnswered on April 07, 2015 at 10:49 PM
They are both selected. I checked that first. Both fields do show in the csv, but the column order has changed somehow and they are at the end vs. being the first two fields.
- salesthinwarenetAnswered on April 07, 2015 at 11:04 PM
The other thing I noticed is that the export used to be sorted just like the submissions page (ID, DESC). Now it is sorted ID, ASC.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 07, 2015 at 11:09 PM
Thank you for providing the screenshot.
Yes, I can seem them now also on my test CSV file that they are now at the end column.
It must have been affected by recent update on our side.
I will submit a report to our higher team support to check on this, and if still possible for them to revert the previous layout wherein the ID and IP are in the 1st column.
We will let you know as soon as we have update on the status.
- salesthinwarenetAnswered on April 08, 2015 at 12:47 PM
Please provide an update. As I mentioned yesterday we are unable to import sales orders as of yesterday. We are almost two days behind now and our customers and potential customers are complaining. It is hard to rely on you as a service provider if you make changes unannounced and do not provide a solution quickly when changes break our (YOUR customer's) systems and processes.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on April 08, 2015 at 02:38 PM
We are sorry for inconvenience you have. This problem is already escalated to developers and they are working on it and we will provide an update as soon as problem is resolved.
- salesthinwarenetAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 11:22 AM
We are now on day three. We need to know if this is going to be resolved or if we need to change our import process. Please provide update.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 12:34 PM
Our apologies, but the thread is already assigned to one of our developers. If there are updates, I'm sure our developer will let you know here. I would advise not to change your import process until our developer will say so or give you an update here.
Still, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.
- PghArtsCouncilAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 02:50 PM
- PghArtsCouncilAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 03:04 PM
- alp_denizAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 03:45 PM
Sorry for the problems. The issue is resolved and headers are back at their previous order.
- salesthinwarenetAnswered on August 11, 2015 at 03:53 PMChanges AGAIN today. No warning!!! This is very frustrating. We are now down again and cannot import our orders from your form for processing. Why cant you simply notify your users of a change and give us a little time to get ready for it??? We are trying to operate a business here. Can you please turn off the update so we can continue our orders for today?
Also, we were prepared to upgrade our account to the next level and commit for another year. We will not be doing this if you continue to make changes that break our processes without notice and right in the middle of a business day/week.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on August 11, 2015 at 05:38 PM
We truly apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Our development team were already aware of the issue with the Google spreadsheet integration and are already working to fix the issue.
The problem was with the integration process itself and not just about the submission IDs and specific parts (like what was fixed on this thread).
Since its a different issue, I will escalate it separately here http://www.jotform.com/answers/635641
- salesthinwarenetAnswered on August 11, 2015 at 05:52 PM
We are not using Google spreadsheets. We are simply exporting to CSV and then importing into our local DB. We ARE experiencing the same problem as last time. The field order has changed again.
- alp_denizAnswered on August 11, 2015 at 06:03 PM
Sincere apologies for the frustration.
It was just an half an hour that the base is taken back because of a server failure risk. It should be as expected now.
Could you please confirm?
- salesthinwarenetAnswered on August 12, 2015 at 01:12 AM
We have confirmed that all is working (just like it was this morning). Thank you for letting us know and following up. Today was a light order day for us (unthankfully, but thankfully if you know what I mean).
- alp_denizAnswered on August 12, 2015 at 01:14 AM
We are very glad to hear that. Thank you for your patience and letting us know that all is good.