What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Submission Date Problem on form submission dataAsked by BLADEOFGRASS on April 09, 2015 at 08:55 PM
Perhaps someone at JotForm can shed some light on this problem.
I have been downloading records from a set of JotForm forms for about 4 months. I save these records in an ExCel spreadsheet and subsequently load them into an ACCESS database. Included among the many fields that I save is the SUBMISSION DATE supplied by JotForm with each record.
Inside of the ACCESS database I have been using the SUBMISSION DATE field to assist in filtering out records which I have processed on previous days. I do this by comparing (using an ACCESS query) the incoming SUBMISSION DATE to SUBMISSION DATE’s in records saved in tables processed on previous days.
Until now, I have not had any problems and I certainly would not have anticipated any. This morning, I downloaded my data from JotForm in the usual manner. As I was processing today’s data against prior day’s data, I noticed that several records, already processed on previous days were getting through for additional processing. I thought that there might be something wrong inside my ACCESS queries but, after extensive analysis, I concluded that the phenomenon was a very random thing. Two perfectly good SUBMISSION DATE fields that look exactly the same in the tables being compared but not matching in the query. Totally random.
I have not seen any forum entries that would suggest a problem with the SUBMISSION DATE field but, perhaps, this might ring a bell with someone at JotForm.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We did have issue with the Submission Date data of the forms a day ago. Our developer was able to fixed the issue and restore the service just few hours.
The update must have affected your submissions downloaded data.
To better figure out the caused of the issue, may I suggest you retry the process workflow again using a few new set of freshly downloaded submission data from the form.
Test the import process of your ACCESS Query if it will still fail to recognize or filter the submission dates that were already existing in your database.
If the issue persist please share to us which of your form Submission data that have downloaded to Excel have the issue.
We will check also the submission data what could have caused the data to have changed in type or format.
We will wait for your updates.