- cheesewake136Asked on April 10, 2015 at 03:26 PM
Hi, I am trying to assign calculation values to my products. When testing I find that the final calculation number at the bottom is displaying random numbers on its own that don't seem to be correct.
- BenAnswered on April 10, 2015 at 05:42 PM
I took a look at your website and I see that you have quite a few different features on it next to the form and that the form is using js embed code, so I will suggest to use iframe embed code instead.
Even so, I always like to check direct link to make sure that there are no issues and when I did, I saw that the same error is still found and even slowing things down a bit.
Now this is what I saw in your Form Calculation:
Immediately I noticed that there are no math symbols, which do not explain what was going on, but are more than likely to cause some kind of an issue.
Now I added the plus between them to bring you a total sum, but when I added the last one I noticed that you have added your payment tool into Form Calculation as well and this is the actual cause of the issue.
Let me explain:
- You have the payment processing tool set to capture the value of Form Calculation
- You then make the same form calculation capture the value of the payment processing tool as well
- Basically they are going in circles, one grabbing a new value from the other and in doing so, make the other one update their value again.
Now I removed it and left the rest as it was (with the plus in between) and this is how it looked at the end:
and it works :)
This is the form: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/50997029145967
You can clone it to your account by following these steps: How to Clone an Existing Form from a URL or you can set it all up as above and it should work for you again :)
- cheesewake136Answered on April 10, 2015 at 07:59 PM
Every time I contact you guys I am amazed. This is THE definition of customer support.
- BenAnswered on April 11, 2015 at 03:24 AM
Hi Chris, thank you for the nice words, that is always nice to hear :)
Based on that I believe that everything is running smoothly :)
Do let us know if you have any further questions or issues and we would be happy to assist with them.