- aarontaboneAsked on April 15, 2015 at 08:00 PM
I have built a form and it is very slow to load on the ipad and extremely non responsive when I type into the fields. To the point, to type six characters takes over 30 seconds!
I have cleared the cache etc on the iPad - wondering if you can help.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on April 16, 2015 at 01:17 AM
Thank you for reporting the problem.
Considering that your form is a bit lengthy with almost 300 conditions, I won't be confused as to why it takes time before the form would be fully loaded and conditions event to be executed. This might also be the reason why the text fields freezes when you you start inputting text. The form alone is fine but the conditions bind to every fields would definitely take time. This is pretty normal for a browser to respond when there are few scripts to be executed per event.
Here's a cloned version of your form without any conditions. http://form.jotformpro.com/form/51049077989975?. As you can see, it is working normally just fine.
Here are my suggestions.
1. Minimize the conditions using form collapse tool. You can use form collapse to group fields and hide/show them all at once. http://www.jotform.com/help/297-Show-or-Hide-multiple-fields-at-once-using-form-collapse-tool
2. Download your form source code, upload it to your website and test your form there. http://www.jotform.com/help/104-How-to-get-the-Full-Source-Code-of-your-Form
3. If possible, reduce the number of conditions by deleting the unnecessary ones.
Let us know if you have further questions. Thank you!