- SugargrovenaturecenterAsked on April 20, 2015 at 06:14 PM
I am trying to create an option where there is different pricing for members and non-members on a program registration. I selected custom property, titled it Member and added the sub-option yes and No. I then completed the different special pricing options for member and non-members. However when I try to save....it tells me that "Only numeric values are accepted" Can you help.
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Add Options to Payment Forms
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on April 20, 2015 at 08:56 PM
Are you looking for something like this?
If so, then you need to enable the special pricing to change accordingly
Here is the complete guide :
Here is the complete guide should you have more questions.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on April 20, 2015 at 08:58 PM
You might want to clone the form I made to inspect further if you will, follow this guide:
- SugargrovenaturecenterAnswered on April 21, 2015 at 09:45 AM
I have tried enabling special pricing but still have the same problem.
- raulAnswered on April 21, 2015 at 11:43 AM
Are you referring to this form: http://www.jotformpro.com/form/51096837992975?
I see that you have separated the items for members and non-members.
You need to combine these items into a single one and enable the special pricing for each product.
1. Create only one item per date.
2. Create a new custom property for each product so you can add the option for them to select if they are members or not and check the "Enable special pricing" option.
3. Click on the next button and you'll be able to enter the price for when they select Yes and for when they select No. You can even show the subtotal of the item if you want to.
You can see a cloned version of your form here: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/51104280747955 with the changes mentioned above.
Feel free to clone it to your account if you want to.
Let us know if this helps.
- SugargrovenaturecenterAnswered on April 21, 2015 at 02:28 PM
I tried doing this on this form and another form called Clone of Beekeeping Field Day. I set things up as you displayed above, but when I try to save it I still get the message "Only numeric values are accepted" and it wont let me save it.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 21, 2015 at 03:27 PM
In the pricing sets, you have to add numeric values only. Any characters such as currency symbol are not allowed there. The currency symbol will be automatically added based on the selection you've made in the first window.
- SugargrovenaturecenterAnswered on April 21, 2015 at 03:45 PM
I have only added the numeric value for the cost associated with member vs. non-member pricing. I have not added any characters or currency symbols. In the product details section under price the i symbol next to the price box tells me that "price is overriden by special pricing"
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 21, 2015 at 04:27 PM
Thank you, but I cannot replicate it. Normally, when you enter an Alpha characters into a Numeric input, you'll get that error. I'm still trying to find the cause in the form, but cannot get it. If you don't mind, I think you should tell us how to replicate it, step by step? Or, maybe tell us what part of the form, a screenshot?
- SugargrovenaturecenterAnswered on April 21, 2015 at 04:44 PM
- raulAnswered on April 21, 2015 at 05:41 PM
I've checked the form from your screenshot and I see that you were able to configure the registration fee correctly for members and not members in it.
Do you still need our help?
If so, please don't hesitate to contact us. We'll be happy to provide further assistance.
- SugargrovenaturecenterAnswered on April 22, 2015 at 10:31 AM
I am not even able to see the form you display above in screen shot because it doesn't let me save product payment integration section presumably because of the error message 'only numeric values are accepted. Screenshots from below are taken from Clone of Beekeeping Field Day form. The last screen shot shows what I see what I try to save product/payment. It will not let me save. And thus I am not able to see payment wizard section on form.
- raulAnswered on April 22, 2015 at 11:52 AM
I've checked the mentioned form and I see that there were no products added to it. So, I went ahead and added one to test.
This is what I did:
1. I clicked on the Add Product button, entered a Price and clicked on the Save Product button.
2. Then, I added a new custom property to the product to handle the special pricing and saved it again.
Please check your form and let us know if you've further questions.
- SugargrovenaturecenterAnswered on April 22, 2015 at 02:54 PM
I have figured out what the issue is/was. When a new product is added a price must be entered in the price section of the product details before adding new options to that product...such as adding a custom property with special pricing. If a price is not added here before adding an option then I would get the error message I referred to earlier.
- BenAnswered on April 22, 2015 at 04:06 PM
Yes, that is correct. The message that you got will be shown if you are:
1. leaving the price field empty and
2. if you include comma "," as decimal separator and not dot "." as decimal separator.
Thank you for updating us in regards to this and do let us know if there is anything else that we can assist you with.