- mckernAsked on April 20, 2015 at 09:14 PM
I was able to easily add 5000 items to be drop down field. When I click on that field is there a way to search the items to find the right choice? Right now I can only enter the first few letters but I can't search a word in the middle of an item name.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 21, 2015 at 01:29 AM
The Dropdown list field doesn't have an auto search property that will allow you to search the lists options.
If you type in the input box, it has an auto search functionality that will make it list down the available options
here is a test form http://form.jotformpro.com/form/51101005749949? you can check.
Hope this help. Let us know if you need further assistance.
- mckernAnswered on April 23, 2015 at 02:17 PM
Thanks for the answer. This works great on 4632 options and then mysteriously truncates the list after about 15 minutes to 2278 options. Do you know what is causing this and is there a way to keep all 4632 options searchable in the auto complete field?Thanks,Richard
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on April 23, 2015 at 03:20 PM
As far as I know the widget will accept up to 64970 characters. Any more than that and it will cause browsers to crash. You can run your options through a character counter or something of the sort to see how far over your list is. You may want to group your selections in two or more widgets. Something like A-F in one widget, G-P in another and so on.
If you have any further questions, let us know and we will be happy to help.
- jonsan32Answered on September 02, 2016 at 03:35 PM
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 02, 2016 at 03:45 PM
@jonsan32 I have moved your request to a thread of its own. I will address your question in the following thread shortly:
- jonsan32Answered on September 02, 2016 at 03:46 PM