Required option in Matrix table not working properly

  • Profile Image
    Asked on April 21, 2015 at 05:35 AM

    The thread comment issue continues for me.... 


    Following on, 

    You are not reading what I am writing. Please just test my form - matrix number 1.1 under Health and Safety tab. I'll leave it required for now. please act asap as this link has been issued to our Suppliers. 


    I don't want any test forms in the reply, I don't want any instructions on how to make it required by row etc as I understand all of that. What I'm saying is the there is currently a bug (or whatever it may be) on my form and I need it fixed. 

    Perhaps the issue still lays at my end but until this point your proposed solutions have not worked. 



  • Profile Image
    Answered on April 21, 2015 at 11:15 AM

    Hi Martin,

    We are always happy to help, but please note that it is quite troubling to find the source thread and next to that, after looking through all the threads that seem connected to the subject to return and take into account everything that was mentioned by my colleagues and by you as a reply.

    I presume that it had all started here:

    From there it seem that the next reply was here:

    Followed by this thread: and of course the current thread:

    Please note that as mentioned above, we want to help you, but at this point I must ask you as I did on another thread, to open a thread solely for not being able to reply on forum, with the error that you get when you try, otherwise we would not be able to assist you any further.

    Alternative would be to continue this over email since it would allow us to see the entire problem in one email thread - if not possible over forum itself.

    Thank you for your understanding.

  • Profile Image
    Answered on April 26, 2015 at 03:57 PM

    I suggest you just continue responding on the original thread

    I checked your jotform and I found that the matrix field you mentioned was NOT set as a *Required field on the form.

    Please try updating the matrix field using its property and set the *Required option to 'Require an answer on every cell'

    Follow the screenshot below