- TerriHAsked on April 22, 2015 at 04:25 PMYep, I figured out to do the "hidden box" thing and now I'm trying that option now. One question on that...the user who fills out the form receives an email detailing their submission. I notice that is shows those "hidden box" options. It's not a huge deal but i was wondering if there was some way that it didn't show up on their end. Thanks for your help!
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on April 22, 2015 at 04:39 PM
In order to prevent that hidden fields inside of the form are not shown inside of your notification or autoresponder, you need to modify your notification. When you create notification/autorespnder all fields and values of those fields will be there. You can simply remove fields and values of those fields from notification.
I created one example in order to show you what need to be done:
1. Example form has three text fields, where last field Text 3 is hidden.
2. Notification is set and by default three fields will be shown inside of notification.
3. You can remove row where Text 3 is located from your notification and your notification will look like this:
Here is my demo form: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/51115949143959
You can clone it in order to see settings form notification.
Hope this will help. Let us know if you need further assistance.
- TerriHAnswered on April 22, 2015 at 05:19 PM
YES! That worked. THANK YOU!!