- Mike IannuzziAsked on April 23, 2015 at 11:55 AM
If we approach our total storage limit do the oldest submissions automatically get deleted? Is there a setting for how long uploaded files are kept?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on April 23, 2015 at 12:45 PM
File uploads are kept indefinitely and need to be deleted manually if you would like to free up space. The old submissions will remain and your forms will be deactivated until you are below the limits once again.
We do have any application to automatically delete attachments but that deletes all incoming attachments when they are received. This is usually used by people who forward their submission attachments to Dropbox or Google Drive.
If you have any further questions, let us know and we will be happy to help.
- tycoprintingAnswered on April 23, 2015 at 12:50 PM
Thank you. A few follow-ups:
Do we receive a notification when we are approaching the limit to give us an opportunity to delete?
Is there a way to mass delete based on a date range?
Also, for the total monthly submission totals, what happens if we go over it? Does our form shut down or do we get a notification? Is there a per submission fee for anything over?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on April 23, 2015 at 12:59 PM
You are very welcome. You will indeed receive a notification if you near your storage limits. To delete submissions from a range of dates:
1. While in the Submissions page click on the Gear icon for settings.
2. Then click on the All Time dropdown menu.
3. Then select Custom Time Frame option and enter the Start/End Date range of the submissions you wish to delete:
4. Then click on Ok.
5. After that click on the option Delete submissions in time Range.
If you go over any of your limits, you will have a couple days to either upgrade or clear up space. For submission totals, you would either need to upgrade or wait until the 1st of the next month when limits reset. If you do not, your forms will be disabled until you are back below your limits. We do not have any sort of overage fees or anything of that nature.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on April 24, 2015 at 11:24 AM
Considering that your last question is not related to your original question I have moved your question to the new thread and we will provide you an answer there.