What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
What's the easiest way to manage and duplicate fields on forms?Asked by Ahurley24 on April 27, 2015 at 07:36 AM
Would like to have the following question repeated;
Tow what degree was the time selected more important;
1. Slightly More Important
2. Significantly More Important
3. Moderately More Important
If I have understood your concern correctly, you would like to have something like this: (Please see image below).
In order for you to create survey questions on your form multiple times and you don't want to add it to every question manually, you just need to make use of the "Manage Multiple fields" option and the "Duplicate" option along with it.
Supposed you are in the Edit mode of the form you created or creating.
1. Create your first question. We will base the format of the succeeding questions on your first question.
2. Using the "Manage Multiple Fields" option located when you click the cogwheel icon present in every field, you will be able to select the fields you would like to manage and duplicate.
3. After clicking the "Manage Multiple fields" option, the "Field Manager Wizard" window will open.
4. Select the fields that you would like to duplicate and click the Duplicate button.
5. Here I have duplicated the "Question 1 here" and the "unnamed matrix field" fields. I have placed it after the "unnamed matrix field" for number 1 question.
Just update the questions for you succeeding questions on your form.
Note: You may also select more than 2 fields to duplicate for you convenience.
Also, you might want to check this following documentation for your references:
I hope I was able to help you. If there is anything else that we can be of assistance or if you need any further explanation with the answer above, please feel free to ask us anytime and we will be glad to help you.
Thank you for using JotForm.