What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Email Notification: Setting up Auto-Responder and Notifier Emails.Asked by wuteachcen on April 27, 2015 at 12:15 PM
Something like this happened before (on April 21), and I checked that previous answer, but this is different.
That time I was hitting "test" in the back-end of the form. The April 21 reply from the forum helped solve that issue.
This time, I am actually testing the forms themselves (not testing from the back-end), and they are defaulting to the account owner, our office manager, instead of going to the events email that we need it to go to.
Can you help us today? We need to send a notice out.
Thanks so much for your insight.
You may follow this guide to set the correct email address for your notifications.
A. Auto-Responder email.
Assume you are in the Edit mode of your form.
1. Make sure you are in "Setup & Embed" tab.
2. Click "Emails" on the toolbar and select the Auto-Responder setup on your form from the Email List.
4. Once the "Compose Email" window opens, click "Reply-To and Recipient Settings" button.
5. Setup your Auto-Responder email base on the fields needed on the "Provide Sender and Recipient Details" window. Check out the explanation of every field on the image below.
Once you're done setting up your Auto-Responder, click Finish and Save your form.
B. Notification email.
1. Follow steps 1-4 above, but this time select "Notifier" from the Email List of you form.
2. Setup your Notifier email base on the fields needed on the "Provide Sender and Recipient Details" window. Check out the explanation of every field on the image below.
Once you're done setting up your Notifier email, click Finish and Save your form.
I hope I was able to help you. If you have any question or you need further clarifications, please feel free to let us know and we will be glad to help you.
Thank you for using Jotform.