- shawnsmithAsked on November 12, 2011 at 04:39 PM
I LOVE your product, and I'm so excited to start using it. I'm a musician, and I have sent up a booking request form, and it looks and works AWESOME.
MY simple MAILING LIST sign up form (lower right side-bar) is giving me HUGE greif! I've spend the past 3 hrs trying to fix this - creating new ones, from different themes, trying to find and eliminate code - nothing works. Please help me. Here are the main problems (see attached screenshots)
On Home Page: http://shawncsmith.squarespace.com
1) There's a bunch of HTML code ABOVE and BELOW the form (in white lettering). I can delete it, but I don't know what it does, so it makes me nervous to do so.
2) The security object (to enter in, to prevent spam) is just spinning endlessly - you need to click the blue arrow to make it stop and give you a code to enter. Most will not know to do this, and will probably give up on it.
3) There needs to be an extra space between the Email Field and the Zip Code label, AND another space between the Zip Code Field and "Please enter the message below" label. I don't know HTML coding, so I don't know how to do this (which is why I'm using your product!)
On Book Event Page: http://shawncsmith.squarespace.com/book-event/
Same problems as above PLUS
4) It has picked up the same attributes of the Booking Request Form on the same page (box around text, text formatting)
5) It has taken the hidden text from the Referral Specifics Fields in the Email Address Field of the BOOKING REQUEST FORM, and placed them in the MAILING LIST Email Address Field.
Pleae help me...I'm trying to launch this website on Monday.
- shawnsmithAnswered on November 12, 2011 at 10:49 PM
Just a quick update: I did get a Frame version of the code to work. I don't understand why the standard code version worked with the other form on my site, but alas, it's working with the Frame.
I really love JotForm - thank you for this great product.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on November 13, 2011 at 03:09 AM
Glad to hear that you were able to sort it out Shawn. Using an iframe is another good option, I have checked your website and it looks great! but I have noticed something on the form which shows badly, it was cut-off due to small iframe height, if you like you can re-embed your form using this code to avoid problems:
<iframe allowtransparency="true" src="//www.jotform.com/form/13151227260" frameborder="0" style="width:100%; height: 350px; border:none;" scrolling="no"></iframe>
I hope that helps. If you have further questions, please feel free to inform us. Thank you for using JotForm and have a great day!