- arborassocAsked on April 29, 2015 at 09:37 AM
The field was showing the full url to the document, now it is just showing the document name. How can I get the full url back into that field. Changed sometime last week. See attached.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on April 29, 2015 at 11:46 AM
I see what you mean. I created a form and integrated Google spreadsheet into it. I uploaded some files and it did the same thing. It seems like it was updated so that will only transfer the file name and file extension.
However, please take note that the URL is still visible by right clicking the file or left clicking in order to open the file.
Let us know if you need any help. Thank you.
- etcroopAnswered on April 29, 2015 at 11:53 AM
- arborassocAnswered on April 29, 2015 at 12:38 PM
Thanks, but we need the full url. The client is exporting the Google spreadsheet to an internal Excel spread sheet. The link is lost and all you have in the box is the document name.
Before last week when the change in format occured, they were copying and pasting the url into their browsers to gain access to the resume documents.
How do I explain to them why it changed and can I get it back to the way it was?
Is it a Google document setting?
- CarinaAnswered on April 29, 2015 at 03:16 PM
I used the download as xlsx option and the link still worked:
Is this an option for you? If not please let us know so we can find a workaround.
In the meantime I will try to find a solution that fits your needs.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on April 29, 2015 at 03:25 PM
You must follow up ONLY on this thread, please do not open multiple threads, this will not expedite anything
- arborassocAnswered on April 29, 2015 at 04:29 PM
No that is not what we are looking for. We need to export the spread sheet from Google docs and retain the links, not from JotForm interface.
When the information gets to Google docs, it no longer has the full url, just the document name.
So when exported to Excel from Google docs is when we are losing the link.
Please confirm that a change has occured in the way JotForm pushes the info to Google docs and tell me why that has changed and how can I get it back the way it was?
I was not getting a response the first time I posted this so I posted again, hence the two strings
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on April 29, 2015 at 04:42 PM
This is what you said in your previous thread:
"Now when they export to Excel, I think they are just getting the document name and the link is lost."
This is not true, we just did a test, and it works fine when exporting to Excel
And it works the same for LibreOffice (Open Office)
So in that sense, everything is OK and I see no reason for this to request an unnecessary change
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on April 29, 2015 at 04:43 PM
UPDATE: I'm speaking with the developer in charge an we will decide if keeping the short URL's will be beneficial for the majority of our users or not.
- arborassocAnswered on April 29, 2015 at 04:49 PM
I understand. I still have not got a conformation that something changed. Maybe it is a Google docs thing. I just want to know what happened so I can give my client an explanation why they can't do it like they have been doing it since we set this form up over a year ago.
At some point last week it changed. If it is not something that was done on your end, I will pursue it with Google docs or tell my client to come up with a different solution.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on April 29, 2015 at 05:31 PM
This was indeed something that was changed on our end. My manager is speaking with the developer now regarding whether or not this change needs to or will be kept active. Thank you for your patience, we will update you as soon as we can.
- lidimockoAnswered on April 23, 2016 at 11:12 PMDo you have an update on this issue? I watched a demo of hoe to integrate JotForm with InfusionSoft that used the file url. The integration no longer works the same way as showed in the video because of this change. I need to pass to InfusionSoft the url of the file, this way they will have a link to the file in their infusionsoft app.
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on April 24, 2016 at 12:36 AM
I have moved your concern to a new thread that you can follow by clicking this link. We believe that we can better assist our users if they will have a thread of their own for every question that they have as this will avoid confusion with the answer being provided.