- nanaAsked on May 01, 2015 at 08:49 AM
is there a confirm email button or how would this be done? To make sure that the email address is correct.
- AaronSicilianoAnswered on May 01, 2015 at 10:18 AM
JotForm already has a validation tool to ensure that the email input is in the correct format. You can check the validation of your input box by clicking on the input box and in the main nav bar at the top there is a validation button.
For email verification, in addition to validation, JotForm has a widget called E-Mail Validator. The E-Mail Validator widget can be put on the page and this will prompt the user to confirm their email address. When user goes to verify their email address the form will send them an email with a link in it that can be used to verify.
I hope i helped answer any questions that you had about email verification and validation.
- CharlieAnswered on May 01, 2015 at 12:54 PM
In addition, you can use the default email field, it has a couple of settings that you can use.
1. Add the email field found under Quick Tools. Click its Properties.
2. In the Properties field, you can set the "Confirmation" and "Disallow Free Addresses" to set a more reliable validation.
I hope that helps. Do let us know if you need more information on this.
- CharlieAnswered on April 20, 2017 at 02:27 AM
To better assist you, I have opened a separate thread for your concern, please refer to this link instead: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1124091.