- NationalDrawingCenterAsked on August 31, 2010 at 09:07 AM
My form is: http://www.jotform.com/form/2301401339
During testing I never experienced this issue, but now as we begin to roll the form out to our users, I am getting reports that the form will hourglass once you fill out the first page and press "NEXT".
Any ideas why this is happening?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on August 31, 2010 at 09:29 AM
I tested the form and it worked beautifully. We had problem with one of the servers last night. It had a hard disk failure. That could be the reason for the problem. It should be fully resolved now.
- NationalDrawingCenterAnswered on August 31, 2010 at 09:39 AM
I had a customer experience this as late as 8:31am CST today (8/31/10). I also saw it happen during a WebEx as early at 1pm CST on 8/30/10). Could both have been caused by the server issue?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on August 31, 2010 at 10:53 AM
It is possible. We fixed the problem and put it back live, but the hard disk started having problems again this morning.
We now took down that server completely.
- NationalDrawingCenterAnswered on August 31, 2010 at 10:58 AM
We actually figured out the problem. While we designed and tested our form on IE8, it seems as though the rest of our company (customers) are on IE6 which is not compatable with V3 of Jotform. Looks like we will be upgrading to at least IE7 on about 900 PCs across the US later today!
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on September 01, 2010 at 01:07 AM
Bummer! If you need to use JotForm v2 which works better with IE6 I can help you with that.