- firstname.lastname@example.orgAsked on May 06, 2015 at 03:50 PM
I have several forms that I created directly on the JotForm website, but I would like for the form file to show up in Google Drive as though I had selected "New > Jotform" from Google Drive. However, I have not be able to figure out how to do so. As we require every form file to show up in the Drive filing system we have created, I not even able to duplicate forms, etc. because the duplicated form will not appear in Google Drive.
- BenAnswered on May 06, 2015 at 05:13 PM
Unfortunately I am not able to create the form by using New -> JotForm at this time, so I presume that this is the issue that you are facing as well?
This has already been reported to our developer and I am raising this thread as well so that he can update you once any news in regards are available.
I am sorry for the inconvenience.
- email@example.comAnswered on May 06, 2015 at 07:23 PM
I am able to create form by using New > JotForm from Google Drive, that is not my issue.
When creating New > JotForm from Google Drive, I am taken to JotForm website to design the form, and, the JotForm file is available to be viewed in Google Drive as a file that I can move, etc.
However, when I create the Form directly on the JotForm website and not on Google Drive, I am unable to view the file on Google Drive - I can just get a spreadsheet setup and a folder where the responses are sent to, but the actual file is not available to be viewed.
Does that clarify? Thank you for your help.
- CharlieAnswered on May 06, 2015 at 11:35 PM
We actually have two Google Drive apps that is associated with the form builder.
1. Google Drive App - this will add an app to your Google Drive. What it does is when you click the JotForm icon there, it automatically setups up a submission folder, opens a new form in www.jotform.com directly to the form builder, and creates an existing integration between the submission folder and the new form. The file you are seeing in the Google Drive I believe would be a link to open it in our form builder. The form itself will still be in our website and not in Google Drive, if I'm not mistaken.
2. Google Drive Integration - this is slightly different. Here you create a form directly from our form builder, then if you want to send the submissions directly to your Google Drive, you can just integrate the form created. This will not create any file link in your drive folder but rather a storage for the submissions.
I hope that helps.
- firstname.lastname@example.orgAnswered on May 07, 2015 at 07:35 PM
Thank you for your assistance.
I understand that the form itself is still on the JotForm website and the link would be in the Google Drive, which I wanted.
However, if I create the form on the JotForm website, can I get a link to the Form in the Google Drive?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on May 07, 2015 at 11:11 PM
No, if you create a form directly on the JotForm Builder, there will not be a link sent to the Google Drive account.
The Google Drive integration only forward copies of the form's submissions.