- FridaHelenaAsked on May 08, 2015 at 04:04 AM
When I use checkbox in my form, I get <br> in my Google Docs spredsheet at submission. Is there a way to fix this?
I noticed this problem just a few days ago.
- JotForm DeveloperomurAnswered on May 08, 2015 at 04:07 AM
Could you show me exactly where you see those <br> elements?
I'll take a in depth look at it.
- FridaHelenaAnswered on May 08, 2015 at 04:11 AM
If I export all submissions there are no br-tags. But in my spreadsheet-integration they appear.
- JotForm DeveloperomurAnswered on May 08, 2015 at 04:33 AM
I've marked this as a bug and our developers will fix this issue. I'll update this thread once the problem has been resolved.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on May 08, 2015 at 02:30 PM
There are several widgets you could use instead, which do not create a line break tag <br> in the google spreadsheet.
I've created this form with 3 different check box widgets: Fancy Checkboxes, Minimal Checkbox, Square Checkbox
Here is how the spreadsheet looks like:
- FridaHelenaAnswered on May 11, 2015 at 05:20 AM
So I need to change my form because of this bug?
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on May 11, 2015 at 09:51 AM
I cloned your form for troubleshooting purposes and then I integrate it with Google spreadsheet. The HTML tag <br> is not showing in the spreadsheet. Here's a screenshot:
The problem can be a cause by an extension or a plug-in that you've installed in your spreadsheet. Please try the following steps:
1. Remove the integration.
2. Logout from JotForm.
3. Clear your browser cache.
4. Close and re-open the browser.
5. Log back in to JotForm.
6. Add the Google spreadsheet integration.
In addition to that, I will clear your form cache so that your forms will be refreshed from our servers.
If the issue is still the same, then I would recommend you to try using the other checkbox widgets just like what Jeanette suggested.