- CharlieAnswered on May 08, 2015 at 04:30 PM
You can check this guide on how to share your form as a template: http://www.jotform.com/help/157-Sharing-a-Form-in-the-Form-Templates-Gallery.
Regarding your question, as seen on the guide above, you can set the name of the template which will be used as the same name when they use that template, that could be changed easily though.
1. When you navigate to the "Templates" page, you can see the name of the form. After clicking the "Use Template" button, it will actually clone it and add it in your "My Forms" list.
2. You'll see that the form title used is the same with the template name. You can easily changed it. This will also have a unique Form ID, different from the template.
Regarding the domain names, this will depend on the location of the users. Example: jotform.com and jotform.us are usually used for users in the United States.
I hope that helps. Do let us know if you need more information on this.
- DThalasitisAnswered on May 08, 2015 at 04:32 PM
This did not answer my question. My question is related to a link I have embedded in an email notification that requires a domain name and form ID. If I clone a form (or use it as a template) I'm assuming both these items change and therefore the link has to be revised. Yes? No?
- CharlieAnswered on May 08, 2015 at 04:50 PM
Apologies for misunderstanding your question at the first time.
Yes that is correct, when you clone your form, the domain name should still be almost the same with your other forms because the domain names are dependent on the user's location (and sometimes for Premium/Professional it uses jotformpro.com), BUT the form ID will definitely change. Which means, you'll need to update the cloned form's email notification with its own form links, this goes the same with sharing it as a template.
- DThalasitisAnswered on May 08, 2015 at 04:52 PM
Thank you, that makes sense. I can find all this stuff if I look at the embed button on the form, correct?
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on May 08, 2015 at 05:10 PM
That is correct!
Or when you Preview your form.