- time2goAsked on May 24, 2015 at 01:28 AM
hey team @ Jotform!
First off, awesome site, love how easy it is to use!
We were hoping to create a new form that has a bit of a complex user flow, but wasn't sure whether it was possible with JotForm.
Q1 - Multi-Choice… 4 possible answers - each answer would take the user to a different form with further questions, and then they could either hit "submit" or they could hit "continue" and it would take them back to Q1… The aim would be for all of these details collect into one email using http://apps.jotform.com/app/combine_submissions
Fingers crossed something like this can work as I am getting stuck with my limited knowledge of programming and love your platform for those with great ideas, but not enough know how !
Appreciate any feedback/response
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on May 24, 2015 at 10:09 AM
Thank you for the compliments.
It is possible to achieve this type of form with the use of the "Conditions" and "Thank you page". Here's a demo form that I created (http://www.jotform.com/form/51434249929968). Here are the steps I did to create this form.
1. Create the Main Form.
2. Create the other 4 Forms.
3. Grab the direct form URL of each form including the Main Form.
Main Form - http://www.jotform.com/form/51434249929968
Form 1 - http://www.jotform.com/form/51433771114953
Form 2 - http://www.jotform.com/form/51433719924964
Form 3 - http://www.jotform.com/form/51434146414953
Form 4 - http://www.jotform.com/form/51433688983974
4. On the Main Form, I created 4 options using the Radio Button.
5. Each option is using the condition "Change Thank You URL after Submission".
This is the condition should look like. If the user chooses "Answer 1 - Form 1", once submitted, it will go to the Form 1 URL.
You need to apply the same settings with the other answers that directs them to their respective form.
6. In Forms (1, 2, 3 and 4), if you click the "Submit" button, the answers will be submitted. We'll use the "Thank You Message" so that the user can go back to the Main Form if needed.
On the Thank you message, you can put a link if the user wants to go back to the Main Form.
The aim would be for all of these details collect into one email using the app combine_submissions
Yes, you can use this app to combine submissions from different forms. Here's a sample screenshot of the app.
Here's the generated CSV file looks like.
Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.