JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Can I get the sub-label in a text-box question to be visible in email notification?Asked by julianl on May 26, 2015 at 09:16 PM
Hi I have a client who wants the code of the product they are selling to be visible in the email response. I have put a sub label which shows up under the fill-able field in each question. Is there a way to get this to show up with the name of the product in the email responses? If not is there a technique I am unaware of so the quantity of each item will be able to have the code visible in the response?
Below is a link to the form in progress. I have only put the sub label on the first product that being the foldable floor mat.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to add the sub-label to your email notification. But, it is possible to use conditional logic to show it.
Here's my sample form: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/51458587010960?. The sub label shows "code1" to add it in my autoresponder, here's what I did:
1. Add a text box where the code for Product 1 will be fetch. Hide it so that it will not display in the form's live view.
2. In the conditions wizard, we want to update the product 1 code text box when the product quantity has been filled.
3. Here's my condition for that. I will insert the word "code1" when product 1's quantity is filled out.
4. In my autoresponder, I'll add the text box "Product 1 Code" in the body email.
5. In the autoresponder, this is how the email will looked like:
I hope that helps.
Thanks for that.
I will give it a go and let you know how it turns out :)