- heartfoundationAsked on May 27, 2015 at 04:11 AM
Hi there, I am using a form that includes an autocomplete field.
This autocomplete list has 4400 options. The behaviour we are experiencing is that:
1. Paste in autocomplete options and save the form
2. The form works as expected (all options appear to be working when you test the autocomplete field)
3. After about half an hour the autocomplete field seems to lose half, maybe more, of the options
Is there a limit on the number of items you can have in an autocomplete field?
The form I am talking about is http://form.jotform.co/form/51440331108845
Any help much appreciated and happy to pay for the extra capacity in an autocomplete field.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on May 27, 2015 at 06:30 AM
What is the total character count of the texts you are trying to add in the "Auto Complete" widget? You can use Microsoft Word or any other tool to calculate the number of characters.
I did check your form and it seem to currently have 63836 characters with spaces and 57403 characters without spaces.
If I am not wrong, we do have a limit on how many characters can be added in the auto complete widget or several other widgets. This is to ensure that form works & loads normally. Too many characters will cause the browser to freeze.
Let me send a query to our back end team to figure out the exact character count that can be added in auto complete widget. We will get back to you as soon as we have any update from them.